Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Beaches & Cream, Bada Bing and Goddess - Review and Swatches


Hi Everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I ordered a bunch of Makeup Geek Eyeshadows a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten around to trying them until lately. Too much makeup, too little time. Today I am going to review Beaches and Cream, Bada Bing and Goddess. All three are very nice, have good pigmentation and blend well. Out of the three I like Beaches and Cream and Bada Bing the best. Goddess is nice, but the colour is just not my style as it is on the warm side. Makeup Geek suggests that Goddess is a dupe of MAC's Coppering and I would have to agree. If you are like me and you don't wear a lot of warm colours or rust coloured eyeshadow, but you like to have that colour in your collection, I would skip MAC's Coppering and just get MUG's Goddess to save some cash. That was part of the reason behind the purchase of that shade for me anyway.

What I like about Beaches & Cream is that it is smooth and not chalky at all. I find some of the MUG eyeshadows that are on the lighter side can be chalky and this one is not at all. I wish I would have gotten this shade over say Vanilla Bean. Beaches and Cream is great at blending out warm crease colours or wearing as a brown highlight. I would wear this colour as an overall wash personally.

Bada Bing is a bit unique in a way although there are similar colour out there in the same family of sparkly browns. I like it though and find it a lot easier to work with than a lot of the browns in my collection. Each eyeshadow is $5.99 U.S. and Makeup Geek has very reasonable shipping rates even to Canada! These three are thumbs up!

Here are the swatches:



Rating Below Applies to All Three Shades
Packaging: 9/10 (small and convenient providing you have a Z palette)
Pigmentation: 9/10 (Beaches & Cream could be a bit more pigmented)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 8/10 (Bada Bing is a bit gritty but that is not an issue)
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10 (parabens are now on the may contain part of the ingredients - kinda odd)  
Travel Worthy: 9/10 (small and convenient providing you have a small Z palette
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yeah   
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment