Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Veronica's Blush - Review and Swatch


I only ended up getting one thing from the MAC Archie's Girls Collection. Bummer. As usual with a MAC Limited Edition Collection, the products flew off of the shelf and hardly anything was left within a few hours of its release. I wanted to get some of the Veronica lipsticks, but they were long gone. I debated whether or not to get the Veronica eyeshadow palette called Spoiled Rich but I decided against it. At $52 Canadian or $44 U.S., it is quite expensive for what you get. I read a lot of mixed reviews on the eyeshadow palettes too so I just said no.

I have always loved Veronica and disliked Betty. I think it's because I am a brunette. To me, Betty was always so homely, boring and a goody goody. Not my style. That being said, Betty's blush from this collection, Cream Soda, was supposedly quite nice, but it too was gone in a flash.

So I was able to pick up one thing like I said, the MAC Archie's Girls Pearlmatte Face Powder in Veronica's Blush. This stuff was expensive but I wanted to get something from this collection and this seemed like a good choice. It was $35 Canadian and $30 U.S. which is um ouch. I don't regret getting it though. It is a very nice powder and the packaging and look of the product is sooo cute. The blush is described as a silvery deep pink base with deep pink hearts. Apparently the hearts are MAC's Frankly Scarlet blush.


When I swirl my brush around in the pan, I find the blush comes off quite reddish. I would use a light hand with this. It's comes off a lot darker than it looks. If you avoid the hearts, it would be more pinky peach. I can't say that this will be a blush that I frequently reach for because the colour doesn't go with everything (I think it is more suited to winter too) but it is nice and the packaging is adorable! You get 10g if product here which is a lot so MAC at least did that for us. Here is a swatch on my finger. It looks a lot more dark and red on the cheek. Sorry I haven't taken a pic of that but I will soon and will add it to this post.


The packaging is very sturdy and does not feel cheap.The product has no smell really.

Packaging: 10/10 (props for the big mirror)
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Texture: 7.5/10
Price: 4/10
Ingredients: 7.5/10
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (sturdy but big) 
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? I can't since it is limited edition but maybe I would if I could 
Overall Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. you should totally get the veronica lipstick it is amazing i wear it with almost everything i never travel without it the only bad thing about it is it dose not stay on very long> but other than that it is great tell me what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! All of the Veronica lipsticks were sold out when I tried to get them ages ago. Wish I had got at least one! They looked gorgeous.

      Delete