Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

The Best Beauty Products of 2012 - Part I

Okay, I tried guys and I failed. I tried to narrow down my list of best beauty products that I discovered in 2012 and I couldn't do it. Instead, I decided to categorize my faves of 2012. I will do a Part I tonight and a Part II tomorrow night. Too many things to cram into one blog post! Some of these products I purchased in 2011, but didn't really get into using them until 2012. So I apologize now for any seemingly "old" products that I have on my hit list. Let's get to it!


Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

I started using both of these this year and I love them. My skin looks healthy, dewy and never looks cakey. These stay on all day and night. I use the Double Wear Light most of the time and Double Wear when I need extra coverage. Fabulous stuff!



Mascara
L'Oreal Voluminous Original
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (now that's a mouthful)
Benefit They're Real

Okay, so I have been using Benefit They're Real since Fall 2011, but I really got into using this product this year so it counts for 2012 right? I discovered L'Oreal's hidden drug store gem and near the end of 2012 got hot on the Estee Lauder's mascara with the longest mascara name ever.

Eyeliners Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Zero, Whiskey, Electric, Binge, El Dorado
MAC Eye Kohl in Tarnish, Teddy and Fascinating
MAC PowerPoint Eye Pencil in Prussian
MAC Technakohl Liner Eye-Liner Kajal in Graphblack
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Liquid Liner

Confession time. I have been using the Urban Decay 24/7 liners for ages - going back to way before the start of 2012. But this year, I discovered more colours! Also, they are such good quality they deserve to make the list year after year. As for MAC, I love me some MAC eye liners. They are my fave hands down. This year though I am adding Teddy, Fascinating and Tarnish to the list of new faves. I have Prussian listed because it is awesome and deserves to make the list every year damn it! Finally, L'Oreal makes a lean, mean, jet black liquid liner and it makes the list.


Eyeshadow
Makeup Geek (MUG) Eyeshadows - special mention for Gold Digger, Sensuous, Unexpected and  Country Girl
Tarte True Blood Palette - gorgeous colours and fantastic pigment (best eyeshadow Tarte has produced)
Stila Kitten Eyeshadow - I get tons of compliments when I wear this one
Lancome Volcano - this shade is amazing and so versatile
bareMinerals - The Truth and The Afterparty Quad - best new eyeshadow product on the market
Louise Young Eyeshadow Palette - there is only one
Sephora Cinderella Disney Midnight Hour Collection Palette - stunning
Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - I think it speaks for itself

Eyeshadow is my favourite makeup item. Picking my faves of 2012 was tough. I narrowed things down and the list is above as you can see. I have done reviews on most of the items on this list so please read those blogs if you would like more information.

N.B. Makeup Geek eyeshadows are overall very good quality and are very reasonably priced. There are a few I don't like but most of them are awesome. For a new product on the block, they deserve to be mentioned.

Part II coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Estee Lauder is a really good brand even these days. It might be quite pricey but it's worth it. It's highly recommended for oily people and yeah, I agree with you. It won't cake up your face. Overall, I love your make up choices.


    Please visit Black Cloud South Bend Dodge Clutches

    ReplyDelete