Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Maybelline New York Eyestudio Limited Edition 400 Olive Martini - Review and Swatches

 
I have had this palette kicking around for weeks and I finally used it this past weekend. For those of you who regularly read my blog, you know that I am not big into drugstore makeup. The colours in this palette were so cool that I had to try it out. I think I spent around $9.99 o $10.99 Canadian for it. I think it is a tad cheaper in the U.S. This is a limited edition palette, so if you like it, run, don't walk to your nearest drug store. I think this palette might have been intended for the holidays, but I have still seen them at a couple of drug stores this week.
 
  
Two of the colours, the iced peach and the mint green have sad pigmentation (hello this is drugstore makeup so I don't expect much) and the other two, the greeny red and the reddish brown shimmer are very pigmented. The greeny red shade is a dupe for MAC Club. These four colours are gorgeous together, but the quality of the two lightest shades is really poor. I can report though that in general the look that I put together (with all 4 shades) was reasonably long lasting but I really had to pack on the mint green and the peach barely showed up. The iced peach would be the most awesome colour ever if it had any pigment. Also, the iced peach is scratchy and gritty. But hey for $10, I guess you get what you pay for sometimes. Please see the swatches below.
 
 
As you can see, or can't see as the case may be, the iced peach barely shows up. The mint green is but a whisper. The other two darker colours swatch well. I don't like the ingredients in this palette either, but again, it was $10. Buying one of these palettes from Maybelline will likely be a one off for me. I will wear these colours from time to time though as they are quite attractive.
 
 
 I have decided to revamp my rating system for 2013. I hope you like it.
 
Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: 5/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 6/10
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: 2/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again?    Maybe (only for these colours)
 
 
Overall Rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment