Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess - Review and Swatch


I got this product in a set of Tarte products at Sephora with my rewards points last Fall. I just busted this out for the first time a week ago. I'm very impressed with this product. I have the Park Ave Princess shimmer bronzer. There is a matte one, but that is not the one I have. There is also a shade which is much darker and looks a bit orange called Hotel Heiress. The one I have is described as highly pearled light yellow gold. It is very golden. Normally, that colour would not work on me at all, but somehow this one does. You can apply a very light amount of this product or you can build it up.


I think this would look fabulous in the summer when I have a bit of colour. However, it is deep winter right now and I still really like the way it looks on me. Park Avenue Princess is geared towards a light skin tone I would say. If you are medium or dark toned, it might not show up much on you. The shimmer in it though might just give you a very nice glow regardless of your colouring. This shimmer is so subtle but really lights up your face - I think so at least.


The sample size I have pictured here is 3.2g or 0.11 oz. The regular full sized product is 0.32 oz. which is three times what I have here. I think the amount that I have though will last me a very long time. The cost of the product is $29 U.S. and $39 Canadian. Glad I got mine for free! I think if you really like this product, it would be a good investment. The ingredients are excellent by the way and there doesn't appear to be any nasty chemicals in it. If you don't don't want a dark crazy bronzer or you are just getting into using bronzer, I think this is a good choice. Also, if you are concerned about ingredients, once again, this is a great choice. I definitely think it is worth swatching and/or trying on at Sephora if you are interested.




I personally plan on using mine a lot for work over the next few months. This colour stays on all day. I use a Sigma F20 brush to apply this and its just perfect for this product. Here is a picture of me wearing it (I applied it several hours ago and it still looks fresh).

 
Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Yes, I think so 
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment