Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Smashbox Master Class Eyeshadow Quad in Color Hazel - Review and Swatches


Behold the Smashbox Master Class Ultimate Eye Palette Quad in the Colour Hazel as in for hazel eyes. No, I don't have hazel eyes, but I sure liked the look and price of this quad. I would describe the colours as smokey plums. I bought this quad on sephora.com a few months back for $13 Canadian. I kid you not. It was $10 U.S. This is not a small palette. The total product weight is 7.794g or 0.273 oz. That's a lot of eyeshadow! This was a deal I could not pass up.

I feel silly saying anything negative about the palette since it was the deal of the century. Nevertheless, I do real reviews on this blog so I have to persevere. There are no colour names on this palette and I have a feeling that the colours may be in other Smashbox quads or singles. I am not well versed enough in Smashbox products to begin to hazard a guess. The matte cream colour is a nice colour but is the least pigmented of the four. I like it as a brow highlight but it is a bit too thin as a lid colour on it's own or as an overall wash. It fades quickly too.

The two smokey silver plum colurs are very nice and are flattering. My main complaint would be that the lighter of the two loses its shimmer or shine quickly, soon after it is applied. The colour stays on though. The darker of these two silver purple smokey colurs is gorgeous. All four colours are super soft but as a result are crumbly which is annoying. I find most Smashbox eyeshadows have this problem. There is a little fallout, but nothing extreme. The dark purple matte colour is the best of the bunch. I think it and I will have many good times together for a long time to come.

The swatches below are top left to bottom left of the quad picture above in a clockwise direction. I hope that makes sense. I am sure from the photo you can figure it out.



All in all, despite my complaints, this is a very pretty quad and a phenomonal bargain. Sephora has sold out of them from the looks of things. Smashbox's website has it still for sale as part of a kit and of course the price is more expensive as a result. If you like these colours and can get your hands on this for a good price, go for it!.

Rating: 8/10 (the price is right)

No comments:

Post a Comment