Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Makeup Geek MUG Lipstick in Innocent and Shy - Review and Swatches


Here are the other two lipsticks from Makeup Geek that I was talking about the other day. Innocent is on the left both the swatch above and the tube below and Shy is on the right. Sorry but Innocent tube is already looking a bit used. I showcased the packaging for these lipsticks in a previous blog if anyone is interested. For me, there is no contest if I were to compare the two. I love Shy.It looks great with a light rose lipliner. It's a kind of muted greyed rose. I know it looks more peachy in the swatch above but it doesn't look so much that way in real life. This colour is hard to find in any makeup line. It's nude but not to the point of washing you out.

As for Innocent.....sigh....I was disappointed. It is a very opaque, nude peach. It totally looks bizarre on me and washes me out. It looks so nice on Marlena from Makeup Geek. The colour reminds me of a sick colour of Play-Doh. The only way I can get it to look passable on me is mixed with a darker liner in the same family of colour and mega gloss. You have been warned. I believe Innocent was supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Jazzy which was limited edition. I have never owned Jazzy, but it sure looks nice in some youtube makeup tutorials. Maybe it's just not the colour for me. These lipsticks are $7.99 U.S. and are a great value. They are long lasting and creamy. I did find that Innocent felt drier than the other colours I have. I will be buying more of these lipsticks for sure but Innocent is a pass for me.  

Rating: Innocent 3/10
Rating: Shy 8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment