Pages

Sunday 22 July 2012

Clinique High Impact Eye Shadow Quad 05 Polar Blue - Review and Swatches


Happy Sunday Night! Well for many of us, like me, it's work tomorrow so I will try to make this brief. I have a love/hate relationship with Clinique. It was the first makeup that I was ever introduced to. My mother, who wears almost zero makeup except lipstick, face powder and if it is a special occasion, some blush, had very little makeup on her dresser when I was a kid. What she did have, was tons of Clinique Bonus Bags! She use to buy their moisturizer for years so she always got free goodies when she made a purchase. Anyway, Clinique was the only makeup my mother would let me wear when I was in my early teens and I remember when she threw me a lipstick she didn't want from a bonus bag it was like getting manna from the heavens. I digress. Clinique has come a long way over the years but with so many fabulous brands on the market now, they have been left behind as a dinosaur with a few product exceptions.

I wanted this palette forever. I think the colour combination in this palette is sheet perfection. I finally bought this some time ago. Heck, it is so old now that they don't even make the palette in this shape anymore. A useless dual-ended brush comes with it. It is $27 U.S. or $32.50 Canadian. Although, I love the look of the colours in the palette, in actuality, it sucks. The colours are not very pigmented. It took me two applications to get the dark blue navy swatch above to look half decent. The light blue is practically off white and is the most pathetic of the bunch. The brown is the nicest colour as it is a kind of taupe grey chocolate. The cream colour, like all four colours, are chalky city. I do not recommend this palette. Clinique makes better eyeshadows than this. These are really sad.

Rating: 3.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment