Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

butter LONDON Spring/Summer 2012 Collection Disco Biscuit - Review and Swatch


I love butter LONDON. I love London, I love non-toxic cosmetics, I love their colours, their colour names and I love the packaging. What's not to like? They became all the rage around a year ago, and until recently, you couldn't buy any of their nail polishes here in Canada. Boo! Now they are sold at The Bay and you can also get them at sephora.com and butterlondon.ca. They retail at all of these places for $17.50 Canadian and are $14.00 U.S. Yes, these are pricey. Makes OPI look cheap and their polishes are certainly not. I have around 7 butter LONDON polishes. I started grabbing them last year when I was travelling in the U.S. They sell them at Ulta. This is the first time I have actually worn one of the ones I own. Crazy, I know. This particular colour was purchased for me by a good friend who knew I had a fetish for butter LONDON when she was visiting New York City recently. Since this colour is from the Spring/Summer 2012 Collection, I thought I better move my butt and wear it while it is "hot".

 Disco Biscuit (how cute is that name) which I am sporting off here (sorry for the toe shot but I am more a pedi than a mani gal) looks like Studio 54 glamour. The colour in the bottle looks like hot fuchsia with blue/purple glitter. How cool is that? The bottle is 11 ml or 0.4 fl. oz. In reality, after the 3 coats I have on above, the colour to me is a mid-toned Barbie pink. I don't dislike the colour, but it is not quite what I was hoping for. You can barely see the glitter with the naked eye. I think I would prefer this with a mani. What do you think?

To quote from butterlondon.ca's website:

We Believe in Rock and Roll. Great Britain. And Fashion.By transforming catwalk trends to custom nail colour palettes, butter LONDON has developed a passionate following. butter LONDON is the cult phenomenon of the nail industry and is fast becoming famous for our high fashion, 3 Free (non-toxic) nail lacquers and revolutionary waterless nail services. butter LONDON products are formulated without the use of the harmful ingredients like Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. butter LONDON was the first company to sell non-toxic nail lacquer in the United States.

So there you have it. I will be reviewing the other colours I have as I get around to wearing them.

Rating: 6.5/10 (based on colour alone)
Rating: 8/10 (based on packaging, cost, quality of ingredients)

No comments:

Post a Comment