Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

Korres Face Primer - Review


I reviewed another Korres Primer a little while ago and it was a completely different animal compared to this face primer. I am going to quote directly from Sephora's website in reference to this product:

What it is: A silicone-free, 99 percent natural, antioxidant-rich face primer that creates the perfect canvas for makeup application.

What it does:
Rich in skin-soothing botanicals and vitamin E, this 99 percent natural formula refines skin texture without silicone, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces pore size. Your skin will be primed and ready for a makeup application.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Silicone
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Mineral Oils
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs

What else you need to know:
This product is Ecocert Certified and dermatologist tested, and also formulated without triclosan, PPG, MEA, DEA, TEA, and formaldehyde donors.

I got a large sample of this from Sephora ages ago. I have used it about 5 times so I have gotten a good feel for it. It's a gel-like lotion and there is virtually no smell. This product was not suitable for my oily to combination skin. I would suggest this product for those of you with dry skin. It was like adding an additional moisturizer to my face. It made it very shiny, oily and kind of slick. My make-up applied well enough over it, but I found as the day wore on, that my makeup would come off on my fingertips if I touched my face. My foundation started sliding off a bit. I think if you have dry skin, this may not be such a problem, or maybe it would. Hard to say, but it was not suitable for me at all.

It does feel very nice and soothing when applied to the skin though. A tube is $36.50 Canadian or $28 U.S. for 1.01 oz.

Packaging: 8/10 
Pigmentation: N/A 
Easy to Work With: 4/10 (on my oily skin)
Longevity: 3/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 6.5/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 3/10
Would I buy this again? No
Overall Rating: Hard to say as it may work for some people  

No comments:

Post a Comment