Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

e.l.f. Essential Custom Eyes Refill Pan in Pink Ice - Review and Swatch




My husband has a saying, "you buy a $5 shirt, you get a $5 shirt". That kind of sums up how I feel about a lot of super cheap drug store makeup. I paid $1 for this e.l.f. Pink Ice so needless to say, I didn't expect much. I had never tried e.l.f. eye shadow, so for $1 I thought I would try it for s & g's. You know, for kicks...

 
Here is a swatch with the flash on. I apologize for the crumbly picture above of the pan. The product can be crumbly. First of all, this eye shadow is a $1 so there are only so many negative things that I can say about it. Advantages first. It's $1. It is very long lasting which shocked me. It's still on and hasn't faded 16+ hours after application. It applies well and blends ok. It comes off very easily with makeup remover despite it's staying power which is odd but a good thing.
 
Disadvantages. It's quite chalky and looks matte on even though it's a satin. It's doesn't have a nice texture. Doesn't look very nice on. The ingredients are horrible! Mineral Oil is the first ingredient and it has a couple of parabens. Yuck!
 
 
Here is a picture without the flash. Looks chalky, no? So that's all I have to say about this elf eye shadow. I consider my purchase of this product as an educational exercise. I do like to try a lot of makeup, drug store or high end. I will not be buying another elf eye shadow. Curiosity satisfied.
 
 
Packaging: 9/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 6/10 
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 2/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 0/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 2/10
Would I buy this again? No way Jose
Overall Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment