Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Aigle Noir - Review and Swatch


I have had this shadow pencil kicking around my stash for quite some time. No clue why I never tried it until now. I think I got it free from Sephora with either some V.I.B. points or something. The one I have is 0.07 oz. or 2g. The regular size is 0.14 oz. so basically it is double the size of the one I have. The regular size is $29 Canadian or $25 U.S. I have the colour Aigle Noir which is a black with gold shimmer. It's a smoky, dirty brown black. If you are looking for a way to do a quick, smoky eye, this would be a good product to try. I cannot believe how quick I can apply this as a liner to my eyes. It's super smooth and creamy and glides on. Perfect for work, perfect when you are in a rush and have no time for fancy makeup.


This particular colour is not that "black". It tends to have a bit of a greyish blue colour to it after you have been wearing it for awhile. Personally, I don't mind because I think the colour looks kind of nice and neat. For those of you who are die hard believers that the colour that goes on is the colour it should stay (and I would tend to agree with you) this could end up being an unpleasant treat. For me, it almost ends up of being a pleasant surprise. As I type this, I am wearing it at the 15 hour mark. I really should take my makeup off! Here is what it looks like now. Bear it mind, I applied it with a light hand this morning to give myself a little smoky eyeliner effect.


Geez, my eyebrows look like they need help here. Scary. Can't even see my lame mascara job. Like I said, I was in a hurry this morning. Anyway, it seems to really stay on. I figured that it would smudge, but it doesn't. I have worn it with glasses all day, in a snow storm, with watery eyes and it doesn't really budge. It does fade a bit of course, but I am impressed by how long it lasts considering how soft and creamy the product is. I would definitely buy other colours in this product line. It blends easily. This jumbo pencil has become part of my regular makeup rotation in the past two weeks. It's just a no brainer product. I haven't worn it in the crease or all over my lid so I can't really comment on how well it would look that way. I understand that this product may have creasing issues if you wear it into the crease. I can't see me wearing this colour that way but if I get other colours, I will let you know. Here's the swatch:

 
Packaging: 10/10 (cute and compact)
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10 
Longevity: 8.5/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6.5/10
Ingredients: 8.5/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. I like the way it looks on your eye better than the swatch. It seems more grey on your eye, which is probably what it would do on mine since almost every colour seems to fade to grey there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Yes, I think it will turn grey on most people but that isn't a terrible thing. The swatch does look "dirty" doesn't it?

      Delete