Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

Too Faced Eyeshadow Collection in Exclusive Lavendar, Satin Sheets, Ever After and Birthday Suit - Review and Swatches


A little while ago I bought a set of Too Faced cosmetics called The Iconic Collection. This eyeshadow palette was part of the package and to my knowledge, is not sold separately. Inside is 4 eyshadows - Exclusive Lavendar, Satin Sheets, Ever After and Birthday Suit. I really wanted Satin Sheets and that is what drew me to this. Satin Sheets is in Too Faced's Naked Eye Collection palette. Birthday Suit is also part of that palette. I also got Ever After which is from Too Faced's Romantic Eye Classic Collection. Finally, Exclusive Lavendar is just that - exclusive to this set.


I had never owned any Too Faced eyeshadows before this so this was to be a treat. I have to say I was very happy and pleased with these eyeshadows. They are super smooth and creamy and blend well. All of these colours are shimmers though. My favourite is Satin Sheets with Exclusive Lavendar as a close second. Birthday Suit is my least favourite. It's kind of dull and sick looking to me. It reminds me of dirty, uglier version of MAC's Jaunty. Birthday Suit is not very flattering on me. All of these colours are long lasting with a primer.


On the top, left to right, we have Exclusive Lavendar and Satin Sheets. On the bottom, left to right we have Birthday Suit and Ever After. The whole palette is 7g or 0.25 oz. That is 1.75g each eyeshadow which is bigger than a MAC eyeshadow. The Iconic Collection also came with a blush, bronzer, mascara, lip gloss and a sample of their Shadow Insurance. The whole kit was $39 U.S. or $47 Canadian which is a good deal for all of that. I have reviewed the mascara already and I will get around to the rest soon.


Here are the swatches. They are left to right Exclusive Lavendar, Satin Sheets, Birthday Suit and Ever After. They look good together too on the eye. You can actually do a few looks with just these four colours.

Satin Sheets is a lot more golden on than it looks. I thought it was more of a very light pink with a golden hint but the golden is predominant on the eye. The pink in it though helps balance out the golden hue. It is very unusual colour wise. I don't have anything like it in my collection.

By the way, Too Faced seems to be taking out parabens and few things out of some of their eyeshadows. I find even with some of their old colours (like Satin Sheets) when repackaged into this palette and as well as some of the newer merged palette collections some of the nasty ingredients are gone. Good for you Too Faced! Now maybe I will buy more of your stuff!

Packaging: 8/10 (love the disc and there is a huge mirror)
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Likely and other colours too!
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment