Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

theBalm Nude 'Tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette - Review and Swatches


I heard so many great things about this palette so I just had to get it. I love most of theBalm products too, especially their eyeshadow, so I was hell bent on picking this up. A couple of months ago Hautelook had a sale on theBalm and I snatched this baby up for less than $20. Is that insane or what? Normally, I believe they are $36 U.S. I really like this palette a lot. The colours are so pretty, blend like a dream, are soft, smooth and work well together. It is a great nude palette and my only complaint is that there isn't a good nude or bare lid colour. If there was, then I would just take this palette alone with me when I travel.


The palette I have is the "naughty" version. That is the only one Hautelook was selling. Mine has the pin-up characters "naked" - the other version is a bedroom backdrop. I think the naughty version is kind of cute, but I would just as soon have the "clean" version. A crappy brush came with the palette and I have already chucked it aside. The palette has 12 eyeshadow colours totalling 11.08g or 0.382 oz. So each eyeshadow is just less than 1g each. It was still a fabulous deal.


The mirror in here is huge. Overall, the eyeshadows are very pigmented but I do find a couple of the shimmery browns do fade a bit over the course of the day. The colours are from left to right, top to bottom, Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious, Snobby, Stand-Offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly and Sleek. Four of the shades are matte - Sexy, Serious, Sultry and Sleek. I would have to say my favourites are Stubborn, Selfish, Sexy, Stand-Offish, Sultry, Silly and Sleek.


The swatch colours are from left to right Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy and Serious. Sassy is a multi-purpose shimmery white. Stubborn is a mid-toned peachy pink with just a little shimmer. Selfish is a taupe shimmer with silver in it. Sophisticated is a very shimmery milk chocolate. Sexy is a more red purple version of MAC's Folie. Serious is matte jet black.


The swatch colours are from left to right Snobby, Stand-Offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly and Sleek. Snobby is more yellow brick road than golden and I don't really love it. I mix it with Sassy sometimes to tone down the yellow. This is where a nice buff colour for the lid would have come in handy.....Anyway, Stand-Offish is a very frosty pale pink which has some beige in it. Sultry is a very nice medium brown that works great as a crease colour. Seductive is a more golden version of Sophisticated. Seductive is my least favourite and is most boring colour in here for me. Silly is an awesome sparkly blackened red. I love this colour! Finally, we have Sleek which is the darkest shade of brown bordering on black that you will find. This is a gorgeous colour. Most of these colours double as excellent eyeliners and stay put and stay true all day long. Very impressive.

Packaging: 10/10 (so cute! and thin) 
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel not daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes
Overall Rating: 9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment