Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara - Review and Pics


I got this in a Holiday Set of Too Faced goodies that I got back in November. I believe this is a travel size since it is 4.8g or 0.17 oz. The regular full size is 0.27 oz. The cost is $30 Canadian or $23 U.S. I didn't expect much from this mascara, but some reviews that I have read have been most favourable. I have to say that this mascara works pretty well. It lengthens and volumizes. It is one of the better mascaras out there. The wand is pretty nifty and has bristles on the top of the wand like Benefit's They're Real mascara. That is a great thing to have if you want to get in corners and get some product on tiny lashes.



Here is a picture of the wand. I am afraid that I do have a beef with this mascara though. It's the size of the wand. Too Faced, why do you do this to me???? Too Faced loves to use big wands. That's great if you have big eyes and long lashes to begin with, but if you are like me, and most people are, you don't have large eyes and you don't have long lashes! The brush is very hard to work with. The bristles are also extra scratchy so you have to be careful. I have gotten the hang of it, but it sure is trickier than it needs to be.

Now for your laugh of the day, since I am in a rush this evening, here is a picture of me, in my hot rollers, showing you how large the brush is. The base of the wand is resting on my nose. It was not easy to take this pic by myself, but here it is. I believe this mascara only comes in black. It is not the blackest black in the world, but it is black.

 
 
Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Texture: 6.5/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 9/10 (without glasses haven't tried it with)
Flake and Clump Proof: 8/10 (a bit clumpy but no flakes)
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? I would consider it
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment