Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme in Admired - Review and Swatch



This colour is described by Tarte as a sheer merlot. I think it is more on the plum brown side than merlot per se. It doesn't appear to be available on Sephora.com but Tarte sells it on their website. I bought mine from Hautelook when they had a Tarte sale. I don't remember what I paid but I think it was less than $10. What a deal! This retails for $29 Canadian.


This lip tint is super moisturizing. I have a matte one that is crazy bright, but this Admired is a super subdued colour. Right up my alley. I like sheer deep colours if that makes sense. Nothing to heavy, but nothing nude. It's sheer and totally wearable. I used this a few times quickly a couple of months back and then I recently brought it out again. It's a very "winter" colour as far as I am concerned but you could wear it anytime. My lips are singing when I wear this. Super comfortable especially in this wretched polar vortex business that is still going on. I find the colour is quite long lasting. Even after you eat, there is still some on and the colour is still there, not an ugly stain like some lip stains or lipsticks. I wore this to work today and I think I only touched up twice and I had a 12 hour day from door to door. Most impressive. Totally recommend this. Here is the swatch:

 
 
Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat
Overall Rating: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment