Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Liebster Award Nomination


I got nominated for a Liebster Award today by Sue Miller from Healthy Skin Canada fame. I must say it was the highlight of my day. Thank you very much Sue!
 
I would like to nominate Jenn from Scarlet Beauty, Chelsey from My Beauty Full Adventure and Blush Overdone.
 
So how does this work? Here are the rules:
 
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you through your blog and on social media
  • Answer the questions given to you and post in your blog
  • Nominate 3 bloggers you follow who have less than 500 followers
  • Post 5-10 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog or via social media to let them know you nominated them
Here are the questions that I was asked:
 
  
1. What are your favorite skincare products?  

Overall, I have to say Origins has the best skincare line overall. In particular I love Dr, Hauschka  Rose Day Cream, Origins Plantscription, Origins Night-A-Mins, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser, any body cream from L'Occitane and my recent find the GlamGlow Youthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment.  

2. When did you start making skincare a regular part of your life?

I  would have to say in my mid-20's. My teenage blemishes were still paying me a visit even though I was no longer a teenager and I noticed in winter my face starting feeling dry after I washed it.

3. If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three beauty products you can't live without?

Toughie. Some kind of lip balm for sure. I'll say any of the Burt's Bees lip balms would do. Also, I think I would need some SPF and coverage (in case I got rescued) so Origins VitaZing. The third would likely be Origins Plantscription.

4. What got you interested in Beauty Blogging?

I got obsessed with You Tube beauty gurus and their makeup tutorials back in late 2009. After a while, I started to scout blogs for swatches. I started to think to myself that I am a makeup addict so why not channel my addiction in a constructive way and save people money by writing honest reviews.

5. If you had to choose - Manicure or pedicure?

No contest. Pedicure. Lasts a lot longer.

6. What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why?

I would have to say my engagement ring and wedding band. Sentimental obviously. Second would be a tie between two things. One is a gold bracelet that my parents gave me as a child with my name engraved on it. I don't wear it anymore because it is so delicate and I almost lost it once. The other item is my grandmother's engagement ring and wedding band. It's from the 1930's and has rubies and diamonds. I used to wear her engagement ring on my right hand but it currently needs some restoration.

7. You can have dinner with 3 people living or deceased - who would it be and why?

Okay the first would be my maternal grandmother. She died when I was 11. She had 3 strokes prior to her death and was very sick from the time I was 8. I was her favourite and the only granddaughter. I think about her all of time. While I don't have as many memories of her as I would like, I have always felt a huge attachment to her since she has been gone.

I hope this dinner doesn't have to be with all 3 people at the same time! That might be weird. The second is Paul Walker. I have had a crush on him since the late 1990's. My husband is aware. I thought he was the hottest thing since sliced bread. Would love to have met him once. I actually have a co-worker that did meet him in Italy very briefly many years ago and she has a picture of them together with some of her friends that she was with at the time. She said he was the nicest guy and happily posed for a picture. She says she has never washed the shirt that she wore that day. He had his arm around her in the pic.

The third would be my parental grandfather. He died when I was two. He was most handsome. I have always heard wonderful things about him. I would love to talk to him and have a personal memory of him.


Here are my questions for my nominees:

1. What is your favourite makeup brand and why?

2. What is your favourite MAC eyeshadow? If you don't like MAC, your favourite eye shadow would be fine.

3. What is the stupidest or craziest thing that you have ever done?

4. Who is your favourite You Tube beauty guru?

5. What colour are you planning to "rock" this spring?

6. What is your favourite eye shadow palette of all time?

7. If you could be anyone living for just one day who would it be?

8. What is the best book that you have ever read?


I hope that gives you a little more insight into me. Can't wait to hear your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment