Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Vanilla Bean, Moondust and Sensuous - Review and Swatches



I have gone and purchased another 12 (yes...12) Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I got 8 of them in a kit which was on sale and bought the other 4 a la carte. I was that impressed with my first 8 which I did a blog post about a few weeks ago. I have only gotten around to trying out 3 of my new 12 so far. I will showcase them here today. From left to right, both pictures, Vanilla Bean, Moondust and Sensuous. I don't know if you can even see my swatch of Vanilla Bean. It is skin colour needless to say. I so wanted Vanilla Bean to be a dupe of my beloved Shroom by MAC. At $5.99 each, it would be 1/3 the price of Shroom. Alas, it was not to be. Vanilla Bean is more like a cross between Bisque and Shroom but is a much poorer cousin. It is chalky and I don't like the feel of it. The colour is forgettable. I will find some use for it, but I just don't like it. I feel similarly about the MUG Shimma Shimma, although Shimma Shimma makes a very nice brow highlight.

Moondust is much better. It is fairly smooth and is a bit unique. It would almost be a dupe for MAC's Satin Taupe but Moondust is more silver and is not as smooth and complex in colour as Satin Taupe. If you are on a budget though, Moondust is a good choice. I will be happily wearing this colour for months to come. I wore it the other day and received a number of compliments. Now on to Sensuous. I LOVE THIS COLOUR! This colour is gorgeous! It is by far my favourite MUG eyeshadow to date. It is smooth and looks amazing. It wears like a dream and doesn't fade (assuming you use a primer of course). My second favourite MUG eyeshadow is Unexpected which I already mentioned in another blog. Sensuous reminds me of a dupe for Trax by MAC only Sensuous is more purple than violet. I seriously can not decide which one is nicer. The quality of Sensuous is unbelievable. Trax is one of my favourite eyeshadows so this causes a dilemma! I wore Sensuous with Shroom yesterday and black gel liner and I was set for the night and looked totally polished without spending hardly anytime in front of the mirror. MUG better not go out of business because I need to stockpile this colour stat. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Vanilla Bean Rating: 3/10
Moondust Rating: 7.5/10
Sensuous Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment