Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 577 Mimosa - Update and Review


Hello! I already did a preview blog for this product last week and this is just the follow-up that I promised. Please check out the other blog for more info.


My nails lasted two whole days before bits started chipping off. Considering that I cannot usually go more than 1 day without chips, two days was impressive for me. I used a Butter London base coat, 3 coats of the Chanel polish and one coat of the OPI topcat. Some people loved the colour who saw it, others hated it. In a way, I ended up liking it more than I thought I would but in other ways less. I always thought yellow nail polish was a bit yucky until I saw this one online. For yellow polish, I actually found myself admiring my nails while I had it on. The iridescent glitter that you see in other people's photos online looks gorgeous, but I could barely see it even up close on me. I think you need to be outside in the sunshine and have an excellent camera for this to look that fantastic. So in that sense, I was disappointed. This is expensive nail polish, I expected, or rather I should say hoped, for more something something.

Rating: 7/10 (for being unusual and kind of different)

No comments:

Post a Comment