Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

MAC Zoom Lash Mascara - Review


Before I jump into this review, I would first like to say that in general, MAC does not produce the best mascaras in the world. I don't think that is any big secret. There was a time, not so long ago, when I had tried every mascara MAC had. They have come out with a few new ones lately, and for the purposes of full disclosure, I have not tried the Opulash or False Lashes mascara yet. I don't think I will be trying the Opulash as the brush is huge and that type of brush never works on my skinny minis. I am on probably my 4th tube of Zoom Lash. I got this latest tube a while ago and I just opened it for the first time over the weekend. My Benefit They're Real mascara has dried out. I need to go and buy some more, but alas I had an unopened Zoom kicking around so I have to use it. Of all of the MAC mascaras that I have tried over the years, this one is definitely one of their better ones. MAC has actually discontinued a few mascaras that used to be in their permanent line in recent months. So alas, it would be pointless to do a review on those. I guess the discontinued ones weren't selling....maybe because they weren't very good.....

This mascara is nice and rich black. It's glossy. It wears decently. I don't wear this one with my glasses as it tends to smudge a bit much for me. It smudges a little once in a while when I am wearing my contacts as it is. The price is $15 U.S. and $18 Canadian. It's not worth the money if I may be frank. The latest tube I have came in one of those makeup kits they had over Christmas that I bought so I didn't buy it on its own. In my opinion, there are better mascaras on the market which give me more length and a lower probability of smudges. MAC has another mascara which I have tried and which is better than this one. Separate post will come on that one shortly.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment