Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter - Review


The Body Shop is probably best known for their Body Butters. The have a huge variety of scents and let's face it, they work. Some are better than others though and as the saying goes, not all are created equal. These Body Butters retail for $21 Canadian but there are frequently BOGO sales and at Christmas I got a whole bunch for $5 each. I gave a number of them away to friends and family. I kept a few for myself including this one, Honeymania.

I like the smell of this one, but I can see how some people may be turned off of it, especially of you don't like the smell of honey. I have to say that the smell does get a tad old on you after a while. I am using the last 1/3 of my tub right now as you can see below. I will not rush to repurchase as the smell is wearing thin on me.  

One of these jars, or tubs if you prefer, lasts forever. Honeymania does not have parabens in it. Many of the other Body Butters made by The Body Shop do so please keep that in mind. In general, I don't tend to buy a lot of stuff from The Body Shop because their ingredients leave a heck of a lot to be desired. Honeymania has been by my bedside all winter and it has worked well for me. It is very moisturizing. I do have the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter and that is a far superior product. The Body Shop ones just have a less natural scent to them and while moisturizing, don't seem to improve the look or feel of your skin over time like the Josie Maran one does. The Josie Maran ones have better ingredients but are exceedingly much more expensive.



I would say if you can get one of The Body Shop Body Butters for cheap, they are well worth the money, but remember they don't all have the same ingredient deck so act accordingly. I do like their packaging and I am wondering if I might have some use for this container once I am done with it. Hmmm. Let me know if you have any ideas.


Packaging: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10 (if on sale) 7/10 (if not on sale)  
Ingredients: 7/10
Moisturizing: 9.5/10
Scent: 6/10
Travel Worthy: No
Would I buy this again? Maybe 
Overall Rating: 8.5/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment