Pages

Saturday 26 March 2016

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser - Review


I meant to do a blush review today but I will have that one up tomorrow instead. Wasn't in a swatching mood. It happens.

TiffanyD has been recommending this as her favourite cleanser for ages. Since I am in the eternal search for my holy grail cleanser, I decided to give it a shot. Problem? It wasn't until a month ago that I could easily get this in Canada. Murad's Canadian website does not even list this as one of their products. Nordstrom sells it in the U.S. so at Christmas I had them ship me a Murad sample set that included a travel mini of the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser so I could try it. I was so happy with it, I was going to buy the regular size (pay an absurd price markup plus exchange rate plus shipping) and then finally, like manna from the heavens, Sephora started stocking it for Canadian shoppers for the first time ever. It was sold out of course once I discovered it (I had been stalking Sephora a couple of times a week for months for this) but then it restocked within a week so I bought it from there for $38 Canadian. It sells for $32 in Sephora in the U.S. and you get 200ml or 6.75 fl. oz. I think this size is quite generous and for what it is, the price is fair, albeit a tad steep.

Here a picture of my travel mini (1.5 fl. oz./45 ml) next to the full size. I plan on using the mini for travel, not that I have a ton left in there...


This cleanser has salicylic acid 0.5% w/w in it. I am not sure if that is a lot, I am thinking it is not. I haven't had an adverse reaction to it and my skin is sensitive so I would say its tame. My skin was breaking out like crazy for no reason just before I started using this. I noticed even after the first use the next morning that my skin calmed down, stopped being so red and the blemishes were shrinking. I have been using this for 2-3 months now and my skin is hardly ever red anymore and I am getting very few blemishes. When I do get them they don't last long and they are small. This stuff works!

I really like the smell of it - it's minty. It feels so nice on your face. It's like a creamy gel and it's so calming on your skin and soothing. You can feel the mint tingly just a touch. I would say this would be ideal for sensitive skin because it is unbelievably gentle. I don't necessarily feel like this product is getting deep into my pores, but it must be based on the great job it is doing. It does help remove makeup too on your face. This cleanser works well with a Clarisonic. My pores look smaller and in general my skin is looking more even. It moisturizes too!

I really do think that the time release component of the product works well. Sometimes I just use this product once a day and I seem to have a similar result as when I use it twice a day. The product sticks to your face a bit so you can leave it on for a little while if you like. I sometimes do in the shower. I would definitely repurchase and this may very well be what I have been looking for all these years.

Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10 (could be cheaper but the price is worth it)
Ingredients: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10  
Travel Worthy: The mini is, the regular size is not.  
Deep Cleans: 10/10
Moisturizing: 9/10
Comfortable/Softening: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 9.75/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment