Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Up & Up Target Blush Brush - Review


I heard some rave reviews about these Up & Up brushes a few months back from Emily at Beauty Broadcast so I decided to pick up a bunch of them the last time I was in the States back in April. Overall, I have to say that I really am impressed with these Target brand brushes. They are travel sized and they perform far better than I could have guessed. The hair is so soft. Some of these brushes are better than others of course. The blush brush, pictured here, is the best one in my opinion. It retails for $10.99 full price and it sometimes goes on sale. I am planning another trip over the border soon and I am going to get another one of these for back up and maybe even two if I am feeling wild and crazy!


I have been on the hunt for a good blush brush and powder brush for years. As far as a blush brush is concerned, I find most blush brushes to be too big, too pointy, too round or they don't blend well or quickly. This brush does all of those things extremely well and it's so small! I guess the old adage is true about if you can't find a brush that works well, keep trying smaller brushes. This brush applies the colour to the precise area you want it, doesn't put too much product down and it blends any blush effortlessly and quickly. Where have you been all of my life Up & Up Blush Brush??? I can't even look at my other blush brushes anymore, including the super high end ones. This is all I need for blush. This cheap little thing!


The bristles are so soft and they feel nice on your face. In addition, this brush washes up really well and bounces back into its original shape easily. If you don't love your blush brush, you should try this one. I love that it isn't super big and can easily be thrown into a makeup bag etc. for travel. If I had to have one complaint about this brush it would be that there are no markings on the handle nor anywhere indicating what type of brush it is. I would like that. Is that weird? Also, I don't like the colour of the handle, it looks a tad cheap. I am just nit picking about petty stuff now, but I am trying to provide a thorough review! Just get this brush already. You'll thank me later.

Packaging: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10 (so far)
Easy to Clean: 10/10
Usefulness: 10/10 
Texture/Softness: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Would I buy this again? YES! I am going to buy two back-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment