Pages

Saturday 26 September 2015

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream - Review

I've been meaning to do a review on this product for ages, but after I tested it, I felt I needed to use it for longer to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I currently have a large sample that I got for free from Sephora. The sample I have is 15ml or 0.5 oz. A full sized tube is 1.7 oz. and costs $45 U.S. or $56 Canadian. I first used my large sample tube for overnight trips. Then I used it for a few weeks here and a few weeks there. Recently, I have used it for over a month straight and my suspicions were confirmed. This is some damn good stuff. This tube has lasted me for ages and it is nearly gone.

After using this product extensively, there were two main changes that I noticed happen with my skin. The first was that my skin doesn't seem red and blotchy in some areas on my face anymore. My skin tone is a lot more even. I feel less shame walking around without makeup (down the street to get the mail etc.) The other main thing I have noticed is that my skin has hardly any blemishes, even before and during that special time of the month, and the blemishes I do get are smaller, don't last more than a day or two and are less red, less painful. My skin is feeling so soft, less sensitive and protected. The product has a slight strange smell, but I can't even smell it when I am applying it to my face so it is a non-issue. The moisture seems to last all day. Once winter rolls around, I will update this review and tell you if I find the moisture is enough to last me through those miserable months.

If that weren't enough to sell me on this product, the ingredients are fantastic. I have lived and breathed by my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream for years, but, and it pains me to say it, I think this REN cream is even better! As soon as I finish this blog review, I am ordering the full sized version from Sephora. Yep, love it that much! I am now itching to try other REN products, but I will pace myself. This product may be a new holy grail for me.

Packaging: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10 (a bit pricey)
Ingredients: 10/10
Problem Skin Fixer: 10/10
Moisturizing: 10/10
Travel Worthy: Yes
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating: 9.5/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment