Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

L'Occitane en Provence Shea Butter Ultra Rich Lip Balm - Review

I received a sample size of this in a set of L'Occitane products that I bought at Sephora. Normally, I really like most L'Occitane products so the fact that I got a lip balm to try in the set was a bonus. The one I have is only 3ml but the full sized version is 12ml for $12. Not sure if that is in Canadian or U.S. dollars.

To me, this lip balm is just like an oily, light Vaseline. Doesn't have much smell and doesn't taste particularly great, but I have had worse. I have no idea how this product will hold up in winter, but based on my last couple of weeks of testing it out, it doesn't bode well. I have to reapply this lip balm every half hour to hour without fail or my lips get downright uncomfortable. I feel like it slides right off of my lips within minutes of application or absorbs right into them as the case may be. It does not leave my lips moisturized after use. Either way, it disappears completely.

If this product worked well, I would say that the price was decent, but since it doesn't perform at all for me, I can't say that. My Nivea and Burt's Bees lip balms are 100 times better and are a fraction of the price. This is not one of L'Occitane's star products.

Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: N/A
Easy to Work With: 2/10
Longevity: 0/10
Texture: 5/10
Price: 3/10 (for what you get)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: N/A
Would I buy this again? HELL NO
Overall Rating: 3.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment