Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2015

June 2015 Empties



What a motley crew! Welcome to my June 2015 Empties! There are few things here I was dying to get rid of and others I was sorry to bid adieu. Let's get into it.

St. Ives Intensive Relief Body Lotion is the best body lotion that St. Ives makes. Period. I have had this in my kitchen for the last few months in an effort to finish it off. Even though it's supposed to be more "natural" it still has some unsavoury ingredients and for that reason I am not going to repurchase. If you are in a pinch though at the drug store, this works well.

Origins Never a Dull Moment Cleanser is a weird product. If I just wash my face with it, it does nothing. If I use it with my Clarisonic, it's the most fabulous product. Totally brightening and makes my skin feel soft and happy. I guess you really need to "get it in there". I may repurchase but I am not rushing to do so. Took me a million years to finish this tube as it was. Too many other cleansers to get through first! Full review is on my blog.

GlamGlow YouthMud. I want to kick myself over this one. This is a small sized jar that I paid about $22 Canadian for because I had to see what the fuss was about before I invested in the regular sized version which costs the earth. I used it a couple of times and really liked it. I had just enough for a third use so I saved it like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter. I went to use it the other day and what was left was hard as a rock! I had the protective insert still in there but I guess I waited too long. Sigh, what a waste. Smells like tea which I find rather calming. I would buy this again, but I think in the Skin Clearing one. Full review is on my blog.

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner as you guys know I have a crap load of this stuff as I am on their mailing list. Nothing detangles like it. I do get shampoo burnout from it from time to time and have to switch gears for something more conditioning. That's why it takes me so long to use a whole bottle of this. Full review on my blog.

LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant in Pure Vanilla is one of my staples. This stick must be probably my 4th or 5th. I have been using a couple of Dove deodorants quite a bit the last few months but I need to get back to using this. Dove makes my pits so soft though. I really want to try the Vanilla Coconut one but Sephora doesn't sell it anymore. What is up with that Sephora? Already repurchased in a different scent. Full review on my blog.

Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner was sent to me as a freebie with my usual mailing list box of goodies. I used this small tube for travel and it served me well. I don't like it as much as the Sweet Almond Mint and it is not as conditioning as the Sweet Almond Mint either in my humble opinion.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 02 Light Medium was alas another freebie from my local Estee Lauder counter. It was my last one. I had to bite the bullet and buy a full size version. A word of caution...make sure you know what colour you are buying when you buy this. There are several shades of "Light Medium" in different numbers. I asked for this one and got handed 08. Had to exchange it. Love this concealer for covering blemishes. It's no good in the under eye area. Full review on my blog.

L'Occitane en Provence Dry Skin Foot Cream is another of my holy grails. Can't make do without it now. This was a travel sized tube. I sucked it dry. I have a big version but it just isn't handy for travel so I will have to pick up another travel sized one. Full review on my blog.

Smashbox Eye Shadow in Vanilla and I had some good times. They don't sell this packaging anymore and don't sell singles any longer I don't think. The pigmentation of this shade was fabulous. I wore it morning, noon and night as a base colour for the better part of the last year plus for work. I finally scraped the bottom of it. I may keep the container. You never know when you will need a container like this for broken makeup etc. You can still buy this shade in Smashbox trios and sets I believe. I might even have another pan in one of my Smashbox sets...hmmm...Full review on my blog.

Dr. Hauschka Rose Cream I have talked about this until I am blue in the face. Love it. Full review on my blog. Got this little one in a set. Sucked it dry. Will repurchase in a flash.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in 2.0 is another of my holy grails. This makes at least every second empties blog post that I do. Love it. Enough said. Already repurchased two. Hey, my shade is hard to get as it is very popular! I have to stock up!

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream was a small sample I got from my local Origins counter in a set I bought ages ago. I really don't find this product to be anything special. I will not repurchase but will take if it's free. Haha. Full review on my blog.


Bits and Bites

  • Looks like I already have a few empties shaping up for July. It may be an epic month!
  • I have more Makeup Geek products to review this week and a bunch of eye shadow palettes to talk about. Can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment