Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

How to Revive a MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot



I hadn't used my MAC Painterly Paint Pot in ages. I was trying to use up a Sigma Eye Shadow Base that I had which really can't hold a candle to Painterly. I decided I was tired of my Sigma product so I opened my Painterly and it was hardening and separating from the sides of the glass jar such as the Soft Ochre above to the far left. I opened my Bare Study (which was always hard to work with) and same thing. I didn't want to throw them out. These cost me some hard earned money! I knew someone, somewhere, knew how to revive them. I started my google search and I didn't have to look far.

The method I used, which is the fastest, easiest, safest way is so dumb you won't believe it. Literally, and I didn't have to add anything to the product, just stir up the product right there in the jar. I kid you not. Some people use large toothpicks, wooden skewers, the handle on a spoon etc. I used a mini plastic spatula that I had. I suggest you disinfect whatever implement of your choice with rubbing alcohol.

You see the oils separate from the product and it causes the main product to harden. Stirring everything together brought all of the ingredients back together. I am happy to report that my Painterly Paint Pot is almost as good as new and is back in circulation! I haven't tried the Bare Study yet, but it feels good. That sounded odd...next on my list is the Soft Ochre which you can see on the far left above. It won't take me but a minute or two.

Hope you enjoyed the tip! It saved me a premature repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment