Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara - Review



I have been sitting on this review for awhile. There has been so much hype about this mascara that I really felt I needed to road test it for quite some time before I could give a fair assessment of it. First of all, let's talk about the price. It's $37 Canadian (ouch!!!!) or $32 U.S. I bought mine at the Sephora sale that they had just before Christmas so I think I got 15% or 20% off. Can't remember which. I couldn't stomach paying $37 for a product that lasts 3 months and then you throw it out. Of course I pay that for foundation, but that is different, right? Ahem.

Anyway, I was waiting until I threw out a couple of mascaras that I had in rotation before I cracked this puppy open. I have been using it for a little over 2 months. I should mention that I have the original formula, not the excess, lengthening etc. The wand is nothing to get excited about but it does the job. I have a picture of it below. All kidding aside, this mascara would make my Top 5 Favourite Mascaras, but it is not my favourite, nor my second favourite. When you first apply it, it is very lengthening and volumizing. It looks quite impressive at first with a couple of coats or more.

It is very black and doesn't seem to have any serious smudging or flaking issues. Nothing really noticeable basically.



It is not hard to work with, but I find Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara easier and faster to apply. Other than that which is a small issue, and the price tag, my only other complaint about it is that I find it shrinks my lashes or constricts them after the mascara dries. So your lashes do not look as good nor as dramatic as they did when the product is first applied. That is a bummer. I plan to stick with Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara after I am done with this tube. I can't say for certain that I won't buy another tube of the Eyes to Kill at some point, but I will not rush to do so since the price is outrageous and I just prefer a couple of other mascaras. It is decent stuff though. I feel that it volumizes more than lengthens and I need both very desperately.

Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 9/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 2/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 7/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 7/10
Attractiveness of Product: 7.5/10
Would I buy this again? MAYBE
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment