Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer SPF 15 743A Reserve Your Cabana - Review and Swatch


As many of you know, I detest a lot of drug store makeup. Wet n Wild has been getting some seriously good reviews though over the past few years. I took the opportunity when I was in the States a couple of months ago to make good on Kmart's Buy 1 Get One 50 percent off sale. So I bought this bronzer. Um it isn't a bronzer, it's a highlight so Wet n Wild you might want to reconsider your labelling. This was $3.99 and I got another bronzer for half of that. Not too shabby.



I like this. It looks pretty on and it's super easy to use. You get a lot of product - 0.46 oz. or 13g. That is some serious value! It even has SPF. Sheesh! I find that when I use this it lasts all day and I don't need to reapply. The ingredients are not fantastic but they are a lot better than most Wet n Wild products. I was a bit shocked that the ingredient list is short for this product and that there are no parabens. It has a cute sun design on the product.
 
 
The packaging is ok - a bit big. Not sure I would want to travel with this and it is not purse friendly. It is very pigmented. The formula is soft and silky. Here are the swatches:
 



At this price, this is a deal and a half. It's better than a lot of higher end highlighters that I have. What do you think about that?

Packaging: 6/10 (cheap looking and big - for the price/quantity I can only complain so much)  
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 2/10 (no way)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Yes (but it is so big I likely will never have to)
Overall Rating: 8/10 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment