Pages

Saturday 20 July 2013

Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector - Review, Swatch and a Beef


Hello! Sorry for the picture of what is left of my squeezed up tube above. This is Clinique's Even Better Dark Circle Corrector. I had heard that this product was good so I thought I would give it a try. It was not cheap. It was $49 Canadian. I bought it around last Christmas but I didn't bust it out until about 10 weeks ago. The information says that after 12 weeks, users noticed the skin area under their eyes was firmer and dark circles were 30% diminished/improved. I think 12 weeks is a long time to wait to see results, but I realize that these things take time.

I noticed within about two weeks time that the skin under my eyes was noticeably firmer. It was starting to feel very thin and that was freaking me out. I guess I am getting older. After using this for the past 10 or so weeks I can say that the skin under my eyes is distinctly firmer and I am very glad for that improvement alone. It took about 8 weeks for me to notice my under eye area looking a tiny bit lighter. Here at 10 weeks, it is a little lighter than 2 weeks ago. My under eye area has not improved as much as I would like, but considering Clinique is only promising 30% lighter, than I guess maybe I will get near that and that is all I can expect. A few weeks ago I was thinking that I wouldn't bother to repurchase this but since I finally started noticing the dark area lighting a touch, along with the firmer eye area benefit, maybe it is worth repurchasing.

Here is a dollop of the stuff and what it looks like blended out. It is skin tone coloured (a bit on the yellow side) and blends right in. I don't feel that it offers any coverage by the way. It just absorbs into your skin.


Okay, now for my beef. For the past 3 weeks I have been straining the tube trying to get a little out for use. I have succeeded each and every day, but I realize the end of the tube is very near. My beef is that I need to use this product for 12 weeks to see results. So then how come one tube doesn't last for at least the initial trial period???? At $49 a pop, I expect to get enough product which will at least see me through to the end of the supposed results period. Do you agree with me? This is a bit crazy I think.

The applicator tip inside the tube is cold steel and it supposedly helps reduce bags under the eyes. I don't have bags so I can't vouch for how well that works. I can say that it is very cold and stays that way throughout the life of the tube.

 
 
Packaging: 8/10 
Pigmentation: 5/10 (not sure if there is supposed to be serious pigmentation in the product) 
Easy to Work With: 6/10 (hard to get product out sometimes and you still need your finger)
Moisturizing: 6/10
Texture: 7/10
Gets Rid of Bags: don't know
Price: 3/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Quantity of Product: 1/10 
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Gets Rid of Dark Circles: 6/10 
Strengthens Under Eye Area: 9/10
Would I buy this again? I think so maybe   
Overall Rating: 6/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment