Pages

Sunday 24 March 2019

February 2019 Empties


Okay February empties, let's go! Have you ever been excited to get rid of a product because it was cluttering up your house, you paid good money but didn't want to waste it or you just got sick of something? I sure have and I've got a few of those for you in this month's empties!

Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Strawberries Anti-Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap - I have been itching to get rid of this forever!!! I don't know what possessed me, but I went on this Bath & Body Works hand soap frenzy for a few years there and I just overdosed big time! I can't stand the smell of them anymore. I've really gone to low chemical hand soap in recent years and I just can't with these anymore. I have them in my guest bathrooms and I rarely use these myself but now I am on a mission to use them up and get them out, even if I force myself to use them personally once in awhile. Any of my friends reading this will be thinking, "sure, sure, give us the soap you are trying to get rid of, some friend you are! I see what you are doing there". Actually one friend already busted me doing it. She wanted my really nice plant-based French soap instead! Can't say I blame her. Anyway, I really didn't dig the smell of this particular one, so good riddance!

Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Shea Butter - I don't care what Jennifer Anniston tells you, there are some Aveeno products that are wonderful and others not so much. This is a not so much one. I didn't find this one particularly moisturizing and the smell was not great. I won't be repurchasing. It's winter though so I am draining every bottle of moisturizer I have in the house.

Kiss My Face Air Kiss Light Moisturizing Lotion 2 in 1 in Olive & Aloe - I really liked this when I first bought it and it actually took me a couple of winters to use it up. It's great to use when you need to apply lotion super fast in the morning after a shower. I would consider repurchasing but I just got sick of it! I simply had it too long. Also, I have better moisturizers in my bathroom.

Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Cooling Menthol - Now this product is the same "blue label" as other Aveeno product I just mentioned, but the two products are night and day! This one with the cooling menthol is the balm. I even got my Dad using it! I don't care how dry and irritated your skin is, this is the stuff to buy. Even helps rashes! Ashen bits, get this! Really moisturizes well too. I have already repurchased 2 more because I am worried they have or will discontinue this. I can't find mention of it on Aveeno's website anymore and will be very upset if it disappears. I even find this stuff gets rid of curling iron burns fast! 

Shiseido Facial Cotton - I'm addicted. A cotton ball just doesn't cut it for me anymore since I started using this. Already repurchased.

Urban Decay Vice Waterproof Liquid Lipstick in Amulet - This was a travel sized sample I got from Sephora. The colour was very pretty (I got a lot of compliments on it) but the formula was unbearably dry! I can see why the reviews aren't good and why people aren't talking about this product. I was done it in a flash. Will not repurchase.

Beautyblender - This was maybe my sixth beauty blender?  I can't live without this now. This one was a swirly one although it's so dirty you can't tell....I am finding the swirly ones last longer than the opaque colours but maybe it is my imagination. (review here)

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara in 01 Black - This was a travel sized mascara. Great for the old purse. Already have repurchased another too. It really doesn't smudge on me which is almost unheard of.

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in 02 Raspberry - I got this as a sample from Sephora. I quite enjoyed it and it smelt great. Not much colour showed up on my lips so it was more of a super glossy clear lip glass. I would consider purchasing it but I don't feel I need it in my life so we will see.

Ok that's it for today! I'll try to get some more Drunk Elephant reviews up soon!




2 comments:

  1. I love reading empties posts! I have never really found a liquid lipstick I like, they always seem drying to me. The shisedo cottons are so good. Muji was pretty comparable but recently they changed it and it's much thinner :(:(

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoy Empties posts! I love them too. I can't go back to regular cotton balls now....

      Delete