Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara in Black - Review


There's been a lot of buzz about CoverGirl's The Super Sizer Mascara lately. I saw it on sale and thought I'd try it to see if it lived up to its reputation. Where to start. The tube itself is massive and totally unnecessary. I suppose most CoverGirl and Maybelline mascaras are like that. I have "Black" and while it is black of course, I don't find the colour to be a very intense black. It's a bit kettle black. There is a Very Black colour. I wish I would have bought that one but I didn't realize there was a Very Black.

The wand, please see picture below, is a bendy plastic comb type with no bristles. Sometimes I find this type of wand works for me. In the case of this mascara, I wouldn't say so. I really can't seem to get much length from this mascara and very little, if any volume. The only good thing I can say it seems to do is curl the lashes a bit and the curl stays for the most part which is more than most mascaras do.




The ingredient list is not good. I don't understand how drug store mascara companies refuses to get with the times. I guess their cheap chemical cocktails keep costs down. I have noticed that whenever I wear this mascara, I usually find myself rubbing at my eyes. For me, this mascara is somewhat irritating. If you have sensitive eyes, I would stay clear of this one. The formula is a bit wet and it smudges. It doesn't flake though! The Super Sizer is not for me. If this mascara works for you, please leave me a comment below. A lot of people seem to like it, but I can't see why. I have thin, short lashes so maybe if you have medium to long or thick lashes, this works? Don't know.   



Packaging: 3/10
Pigmentation: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 6/10
Longevity: 3/10 it keeps a curl but it smudges and itches
Texture: 2/10 (wet, smells bad and itches)
Price: 8/10 if it was good (but 2/10 for what you get)
Ingredients: 2/10   
Comfort: 1/10 (stings)
Travel Worthy: 6/10 (big)
Smudge Proof: 3/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 6/10
Attractiveness of Product: 3/10
Would I buy this again? HELL NO 
Overall Rating: 3/10



No comments:

Post a Comment