Pages

Saturday 29 August 2015

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadow in High Tea - Review and Swatch



I have been so lax about doing my Makeup Geek product reviews. I ordered a bunch of stuff over the last few months and I have only put a dent in using them. Time to get serious. Today, I am going to review one of their new eyeshadows, High Tea. Makeup Geek describes this eyeshadow as matte medium brown with gray undertones. I totally disagree with that description. To me, this is straight up khaki. If you look at the swatch on their website, it looks very greenish. Khaki city. I bought this eyeshadow for three reasons. One, I love the name High Tea for anything so I had to buy it. Two, I liked the description of the colour and was hoping that this colour was more a brown grey than how green it looked on their website. Three, it was like nothing I had in my collection so I wanted to test it out. It's $5.99 U.S. as are all of Makeup Geek pan shadows.

Let's talk quality. Makeup Geek eyeshadows are known to be fabulous quality and High Tea is no exception. There are very few Makeup Geek eyeshadows that I don't like. There is even one I previously said I didn't like that has warmed up on me. I will have to do a blog post on that one soon. I am willing to eat some crow if I am wrong!

Swatch time! Looks a little brown in my first pic unfortunately....



 
 


High Tea is very pigmented, blends easily, is creamy, long wearing etc. I have no qualms whatsoever about the quality of this fine product.

I am not crazy about the colour, but it is an unusual colour. There was a certain je ne sais quoi about it. I have worn it in the crease with a neutral lid and the look was interesting. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I would think that there is a segment of the population that might absolutely be over the moon about this colour. Especially if you are a rocker type or like strong non-traditional crease colours. It's a good colour to break out when you are in a makeup rut and everything starts to look the same.

Packaging: 10/10  (the are palette refills so nothing to get excited about but they serve their purpose)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10 (it's green damn it from application to removal!)
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: this is personal taste can't really rate this
Would I buy this again? Maybe
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment