Pages

Thursday 20 August 2015

Lorac Unzipped Eye Shadow Palette - Review, Swatches and Dupes?


I purchased the Lorac Unzipped Eye Shadow Palette awhile back when I was in the States at Ulta. It contains 10 fairly large eyeshadows weighing in at 1.12 g or 0.039 oz. per eyeshadow for $42 U.S. For those of you who have followed me for a long time, you might be surprised to learn that I purchased another Lorac eyeshadow palette. After all, I have to say the Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette was the biggest palette disappointment of my makeup life ever. I wrote a scathing review. The link is below if you are interested. I still stand behind every word. I ended up selling the palette and to this day, I keep wondering what I am missing and why people love it so. It haunts me. The only props I can give that palette is the colour range is perfect and I wish I had a palette with those colours, but that were better, or even fairly good quality, which it is not.

Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette Review

Enough bitching and whining about the Pro Palette. On to Unzipped. I bought this palette for 3 reasons. One, Emily from Beauty Broadcast raved about it. Second, the ingredients are totally different from the pro palette - short ingredient list and no parabens, talc, mineral oil or propylene glycol etc. unlike that rubbish they laced the Pro Palette with. Third, I was convinced Lorac was better than the Pro Palette and they needed redemption.


From left to right and top to bottom we have Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled, Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken and Untamed.

Overall, I really like this palette. There are some negatives to it, but the good outweighs the bad. The quality of the eyeshadows is very good. They are smooth and creamy, blend easily, are very pigmented and have great longevity. So unlike the Pro Palette (oops there I go again). I can put together a number of sophisticated looks with little effort when I use this palette. I especially like the matte shades - Unconditional, Unbridled, Unspoken and Untamed. I think you get a lot of product and its good value for your money. This is a perfect Fall palette and since we are heading into Fall soon....I hate saying that.

Okay, the cons. A lot of the colours are similar and I would have preferred more variety. There are a lot of shimmer eyeshadows in here and they can look muddy after awhile if you wear too many together. They have crazy crumble issues and the fallout to touch them is downright unforgivable. As you can see from my picture above, the palette is a hot, crumbly mess. It was like that from the day I opened it and continues to be so. The strange thing is I don't get much fallout on my face when I apply them but the shadows just flake off the brush like mad and when I was swatching them, I could see large bits falling through the air.

The palette is nice and slim. I would recommend it for travel if the colours didn't crumble so badly and if there was better colour selection. Swatches....


Above is from left to right is Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional and Unbridled.


Finally, in the picture above we have Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken and Untamed. Sorry, I used my left hand to swatch the second row and I didn't apply enough pressure when swatching, but they are very pigmented my friends.

Unreal is similar to Stila's Kitten only Unreal is more pink. Unconditional is a close dupe of MAC's Quarry and is similar to Makeup Geek's Unexpected. Unbridled is a dupe of Makeup Geek's Bitten.

I just wish that Lorac would make the Pro Palette with the formula of the Unzipped one. Then I would buy it!

Packaging: 10/10  
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10  Fallout is an issue
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10 Too many of the same colours
Would I buy this again? Maybe
Overall Rating:  9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment