Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser - Review


I am going through a strange phase right now as far as cleansers are concerned. On that note, I really need to update my blog review on my beloved Estee Lauder cleanser. They have changed the formula and its just not the same. I had a small gwp tube of this Clinique cleanser lying around and I picked it up the other day on a whim. I have used this product before, a few times over the years, and it never struck me as being anything special. Well I think they have changed the formula recently because this product is not as I remembered it.

The tube I have is pretty new. I am sure I have some old tubes somewhere in my stash. The new formula has some pros to it which I never noticed before in older tubes. It lathers like a car wash and it's actually fun to wash your face with this. Never found that previously with this product. My face is literally squeaky clean after I use this. Now, I have to say that you need to wash your face twice when you use this. I still find lots of makeup coming off of my face after I only wash my face with this once when I wipe a cotton ball with makeup remover over my skin afterwards. My skin will squeak, but it isn't clean after one wash. My face is also super comfortable and not dried out after I use this. My skin feels really nice afterwards.

I can tell though that this product isn't doing anything for my blemishes or to clear up my skin. Maybe I am speaking to soon as I haven't been using this product again for long. However, I know my skin pretty well and I can tell it isn't doing anything for my blemishes and isn't likely to. It's really gentle, maybe too gentle. I think if you had really nice skin or dry skin, or older skin that you would like this cleanser perhaps.

I am planning on using the tube I have in its entirety really soon. I am enjoying using it even if it's not doing much for me. It works great with my Clarisonic by the way. It's $24 Canadian or $20 U.S. for 5 oz.

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: ?
Easy to Work With: 10/10  
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Deep Cleans: 5/10
Moisturizing: 9/10
Comfortable/Softening: 9/10
Smell: 9/10
Would I buy this again? MAYBE
Overall Rating: 7.5/10  (weighing doesn't deep cleans heavily here)

No comments:

Post a Comment