Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Beautyblender Blendercleanser Solid - Review

Happy Easter everyone! I was just in the U.S. doing a little shopping trip the last couple of days. I bought some new stuff so plenty of blog posts are coming soon.

I have had this particular product for about 5 months. The Beautyblender Blendercleanser Solid that is. I was using it the other day when I realized that I have been remiss and have never done a blog review on it. In fact, I bought this on my last trip to the U.S. back in November if memory serves me correctly. I love this makeup brush cleaner. That statement pretty much sums up how I feel about it. First of all, I love the smell. It smells like the prettiest soap ever and it doesn't have a fake or chemical like smell. I would wash my body with this if it wasn't so pricey. Oh, speaking of price it's $20 Canadian or $15.95 U.S. for a 1 oz. regular disc. I got two smaller ones recently with my rewards points from Sephora and they will get used up completely let me tell you.

I haven't really touched my other brush cleansers since I started using this product. I did really like the Clinique brush cleanser or cleaner but it's hard to get a hold of and this just works better. One of the things I really like about the Blendercleanser is that the container is so small and since the product is a solid, it's fantastic for travel. I hate carrying yet another liquid with me when I go away, and this is so simple and not messy. It has a tray with a grid on it inside so that the solid soap can dry completely and not waste the product. You can simply wipe or drain out any water. Hell, I often wash my brushes right in the container. Super easy.



The Blendercleanser cleans so much faster and more thoroughly in my opinion, especially when you are dealing with big brushes covered in foundation, cover-up, cream products, blush, powder etc. It gets really deep down into the fibres and I like that a lot. It leaves my brushes nice and soft with a heavenly scent. They really feel and look clean after using this product.

I think that the price is fair when you compare it to the price of a regular bottle of brush cleaner and from an environmental perspective it's a lot less waste to put into a landfill. In fact, I just keep reusing the same container for the smaller sized Blendercleansers that I have acquired that came without a container. The Blendercleanser just disappears like a bar of soap. No waste really. You could totally use this container to house a small bar or piece of a bar soap. Heck, to house any small thin beauty item. Perhaps hair pins? The options are endless. Also, I would say that I got more uses out of one of these soaps than a huge bottle of liquid brush cleaner.

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this product. The ingredients are very decent too. It is without a doubt one of the best products that I have discovered in the last year.

Packaging: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Environmentally Friendly: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Deep Cleans: 10/10
Softening: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES (the one and only for me now)  
Overall Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment