Pages

Saturday 22 November 2014

U.S. Makeup Shopping Haul - Sephora, Ulta, Wal-Mart, Target and The Cosmetics Store



As I mentioned in my last post, I was out of town for a few days last week. I went to New York State and picked up a few goodies. To me, it doesn't look like a lot of stuff in the picture, but when I look at my receipts, I spent a small fortune. You should have seen my husband's eyes bug out of his head when he heard the cashier tell me my total at Ulta. Hahaha!

Speaking of Ulta, let's start there. There is no Ulta in Canada and Ulta will not ship to Canada. Jerks! They are missing out on some serious revenue my friends. What a bad decision. Anyway, what I love about Ulta is that they have a great blend of low end and high end products. They also have tons of hair products and tools. In addition, I can usually get $3.50 off most purchases with their standard coupon. They also have some exclusive products that can't be purchased anywhere else but there. Since there is no Ulta in Canada, this is a source of never ending frustration to me. I have to wait until the once or twice a year that I "hop the ditch" and then hope and pray that they still carry the elusive item(s) I want.

So Ulta...I got a Cricket Amped Up teasing brush. Always wanted one, never had one. I think I paid $4 U.S. for it. I also grabbed a lipstick colour that they don't sell anywhere in Canada (at least I can't find it) the NYX Matte Lipstick in Alabama. I saw the Burt's Bees set A Bit of Burt's Bees which contains a Pomegranate Replenishing Lip Balm and Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I love both products so that was a no brainer.

The main thing I went for at Ulta was the Too Faced eyeshadow palette's in Rock n Roll and Country. Both palettes are exclusive to Ulta. I cannot wait to try them out! Speaking of elusive items, I also grabbed the Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press hairspray because I can't seem to locate it anywhere. The final item I picked up from Ulta was the Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector by It Cosmetics in Light. I can get this through The Shopping Channel here, but it was just a quick grab at Ulta. Reviews on all of these products will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

Okay on to Sephora. I have spent a small fortune at Sephora lately (20% off VIB sale of course) so I forced myself to exercise great restraint in there. I only bought 4 items this time which is highly unusual for me on a trip to the U.S. I got the Caudalie Grape Water spray which I have been wanting to try for ages. They were sold out online and my local Sephora was also sold out so I picked it up while I was in the U.S. I also bought the blendercleanser Solid as they were also sold out online just before I went away. It was also a bit cheaper in the U.S. then here at home. I snatched up the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked (cheaper than here in Canada by a few bucks). Finally, I wanted to try the tarte Cosmetics Colored Clay CC Eye Primer so I got that too. Also, I forgot my Painterly Paint Pot at home so I needed something in the meantime. I think this will be the item I review next.

At Wal-Mart/Target I only got three things. I forgot to put it in the picture, but I bought one of those Revlon Perfumerie nail polishes in a colour that I can't get in Canada period. Why, oh why do they do this to me? I will reveal that one in a post soon. I got the Hard Candy Fierce Effects duo in 896 Soft & Sultry. I saw Emily from Beauty Broadcast wearing one of these two on her channel the other day and I had to get it. I think the duo was like $6 U.S. Pretty good deal. I wanted to grab a Drew Barrymore Flower eyeshadow palette, but I didn't like the look of the ingredients so I passed. I also picked up a Burt's Bees Pumpkin Spice lip balm since it was limited edition.

Finally, at one of the outlet malls I visited, I got two things from that The Cosmetics Store chain. I always get some good stuff at that store. I got MAC's Patina eyeshadow (never tried it) and my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 2.0.

That's it, and I think that is lots.

Bits and Bites
  • I have a big eyeshadow palette review coming this week
  • I also plan to get my review of the tarte CC eye primer up next
  • My empties for November is looking a little sparse - hopefully I can remedy that soon
  • Why don't they sell unsweetened iced tea in Canada??? This has always boggled my mind. That's all I drink as soon as I set foot in the U.S. because it is such a treat (and no sugar!). Guess I'll have to make my own. Boo!

1 comment:

  1. Create your go-to summer look for a minimalist overall impression. Get the look at J. makeup store or shop online at
    Shop Online

    ReplyDelete