Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2014

tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer Stick - Review and Swatch



Looks like it is going to be a tarte cosmetics kind of month. This is my second tarte review this month and not to drop a teaser but a certain tarte product may or may not make it into my holiday palette picks for this year.

When I saw this product, I thought or hoped that my prayers were finally answered. The idea of having a two in one eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow base (especially one that I don't have to stick a finger into) had me completely intoxicated. Not to mention that tarte usually uses better ingredients than a lot of cosmetics companies. After some trial and error, I was finally able to cobble together my thoughts on the product and review them for you.

The first thing that I want to point out is that less is more with this product. However, that means a sacrifice has to be made. The less you use of this product, the more likely that your eyeshadow will not crease on you. As a side note, I have mega oily lids and few eyeshadow primers work on me. In order to use less of this product though, you sacrifice the eyeshadow base piece because you aren't getting to put down a lot of colour there. If you use too much, it's crease city, or at least it is on me. It holds up pretty well all day long though as long as you use just a little. I will say that I would not use this product if I wanted my eye makeup to last beyond day to night, nor if I was wearing a lot of eye makeup.  

I like the convenience of the pencil tube packaging. I just swipe a little on each lid and then blend it in with my finger. It's fast. Perfect for work when you are in a rush and great for travel. It's faster to use than squeezing stuff out of a tube or dipping your finger into a pot. I do wish though that I could use more product in order to get a good amount of eyeshadow base onto my lid to neutralize things. Basically, I have to blend it in totally and not leave much base showing. The products blends in easily and it's so quick to do. If I could get more "base" on and keep the crease-free aspect, this product would be amazing.

I plan on using this entire tube. This product will not go to waste. It does fall short of my expectations though so I may not repurchase. Each tube is 2.8g or 0.10 oz. and costs $25 Canadian or $21 U.S.

Swatch time. This product only comes in one shade and is as shown below. It blends right into your skin so the colour of it is not really much of a factor. Most, if not all skin tones, could use this as a result. 

**UPDATE December 13, 2014: I decided to return this product to Sephora. I started finding it difficult to get the precise amount that you need on when I am in a rush in the morning. Too many creasing issues. I am revising my rating. Eyeshadow primer shouldn't be so tricky.**

 
Packaging: 9/10 
Pigmentation: 6/10 
Easy to Work With: 2/10
Longevity: 4/10 (if you use a little - if you use a lot 1/10)
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 3/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 4/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment