Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

IT Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum in Love - Review and Swatch



When I purchased a tube of the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream a couple of months ago, it came as a package deal along with this product and a mascara/eyeliner hybrid product from The Shopping Channel. This is called the It Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum Hydrating Anti-Aging Color Correcting Crème Gloss. It retails for about $24 on its own. The packaging says that it has clinically-proven Collagen, Peptides and Hyaluronic Acid plus 9 essential butters and oils. The tube is 0.11 oz. or 3.4ml.

I carried this lip product in my purse for weeks before I actually used it. The colour I have is called "Love". I believe there are currently only 3 colours in the regular line and Love is one of them. Love is a very neutral red nude colour. If that makes any sense. I seriously think anyone, and I mean anyone, regardless of their skin tone could wear this colour. For me its a bit plain colour-wise but it goes with everything and it is flattering.



The formula is very wet. It feels slippery on your lips and you swear it is going to slide right off....but it doesn't. It stays put. This lip serum is super hydrating and feels extremely comfortable on so long as you don't mind a "wet" feeling on your lips. Some people don't so I am just putting it out there. The product has a very strong smell of vanilla I believe. It is pleasant but very noticeable. The smell does fade after application. I am sorry that I didn't have this product on hand during the winter months. It would have come in handy. I would like to have put it to the test so to speak.

The applicator is highly unusual. It's oval shaped with a hole in the middle. Like a donut...the product does collect there so when you apply it to your lips, you get lots of product.



Here is the swatch. You could, of course, easily put this on top of any lipstick to give it a nice, glossy shine. It looks like good ingredients were used in this product so it's not a chemically laden lip gloss, which is nice. My only real criticism is that after a while this product does goop up in the inside portion of your lips and turn white which isn't hot. You really need to be checking in on your application every 2+ hours to make sure that isn't happening. The moisture that you get from this product lasts on your lips even after the product is no longer on. That is a nice perk.

Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 6.5/10 (white residue is an issue)
Would I buy this again? Maybe (for winter perhaps?)
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment