Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Benefit Cosmetics Rockateur Blush - Review and Swatch



I did a Sephora haul the other day and I was going to do a blog on it, but I think I will save it for later this week. Rockateur was part of the haul so I feel a bit silly, cart before the horse type of thing, plunging into a review of one of my haul items before I even reveal the haul! Nevertheless, I was excited about this so I wanted to do a blog on it asap. Rockateur is one of Benefit's boxed blushes. I think they have improved them over the years and they have started to use better ingredients which makes me happy.

Tiffany D and every other blogger under the sun has been raving about this blush. It is a little unique in that it is a rose gold colour. It looks very shimmery in the box but when you apply it, it isn't very shimmery, just a little. I do wish that the colour in the box translated exactly to be that colour on my cheeks. I find that it turns a little orange on me as some products do. If I use a very light hand, it doesn't look so orange. So for me, less is definitely more.


The box has a mirror in it and it comes with a brush that I likely won't use, although it might work for a bronzer.....I digress. The product is 5.0g or 0.17 oz. which is decent. The packaging is super cute as most Benefit products are. Overall, this is a neutral blush that anyone could wear that is light or medium skin toned. It might work as an interesting highlighter for those of you with darker skin. I think this would look great on a redhead or natural blonde. It works for me too and I am very much a brunette. This is not the most pigmented blush in the world. Some of you might need to use a heavier hand if you are not fair. That being said, I only need a little of this product to give me a little something, something. I could wear this blush with almost any look due to the neutrality of it. If you were doing a bold eye, this blush would be a good choice as it is not overpowering. It would be a funkier, wilder cousin of Tarte's Exposed but of lesser quality than a Tarte blush. This is a very flattering colour and would be on most people.

The formula is not as smooth and silky as I would like, but it will suffice as is. Rockateur is $28 U.S. or $36 Canadian which I think is very pricey. Here is the swatch:



Packaging: 10/10 (cute as heck)
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 5/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Colour Stays True: 3/10
Travel Worthy: 5/10
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe (this box will last me for a long time)
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment