Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Rich Raisin 80 - Review and Swatch


Sorry for disappearing there for a week or so, but I was in Vegas! Yes, I love that place and I had to go back. I was planning to have some scheduled posts but I ran out of time before I left.

On to the topic at hand. You can't buy any Neutrogena makeup products in Canada to my knowledge. Needless to say, I bought this on a recent trip to the States. I think I paid about $8 for it. The colour I have is Rich Raisin 80. Sorry, the tube looks a bit orange in the picture above, but the tube is actually a dark red purple colour. The packaging is very similar to the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. The Neutrogena product is a different animal though. At first I really liked this product, but after I wore it a couple of times I noticed a few things that I didn't like.

Okay, so I will go over my good points about this product before we get to the bad ones. First of all, the price is good and you can get this at Target in the States. It goes on super creamy and is very moisturizing. It feels great on and it seems to last for a good deal of time if you don't eat or drink anything.

Here is the swatch:



On to the bad....the colour changes over time. This is a raisin colour, but I find that it starts looking orange on me after a couple of hours or more of wear. I really don't like that. Also, the colour does bleed and doesn't stay put sometimes. Finally, and this was gross, I wore it one day when I was running around and got a bit sweaty and the product started running and I got a taste of it literally. It tasted like soap and it was nasty!!! It also started smelling like soap and it was a real turn off for me. If you smell the product out of the tube, it smells like some cheap kid soap product. Yuck!

Packaging: 7/10 
Pigmentation: 3/10 (very good but then it changes colour)
How Does it Feel On: 9/10 (moisturizing) 
Longevity: 2/10 (the fact that it bleeds is a big issue)
Texture: 8/10
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: 6/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10 (bleeds and changes colour) 
Smell and Taste: 0/10
Would I buy this again? No Way     
Overall Rating: 5/10 (this is being very generous)

No comments:

Post a Comment