Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 0L Matte Black - Review and Swatch


I got this as a rewards sample from Sephora. I confess that I am a bit of a MAKE UP FOR EVER virgin. I have a couple of samples of their products, but I haven't really bothered to try any of them until now. A full sized Aqua Eyes eyeliner is $23.00 Canadian and is $19.00 U.S. MAKE UP FOR EVER gets a lot of good reviews out there in the makeup blogger word but I had never heard much said about this eyeliner.

This product has both good and bad points, like any product I guess. The good points are that the pencil is smooth and creamy and does not tug on your eye. It is very easy to work with and could probably be smoked out very easily. This would be a good eyeliner for someone new to makeup to try.


So the bad....this product is supposed to be waterproof (says so right on the pencil) as well as is supposed to be smudge and fade resistant. I will admit that I have greasy eyelids so not many products prove to be smudge resistant and/or waterproof on me. That being said, and I know I am not alone in this problem, I really hate it when a product claims to be something that it is not. This product does transfer and smudges on me. It is not a pretty sight. I also find that the colour fades a good deal on me within a matter of a few hours. The colour is also not the blackest of blacks to begin with. I find the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners to be a far superior product to this one.

Packaging: 9/10
Pigmentation: 6/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 4/10
Colour Stays True: 5/10 (fades)
Texture: 10/10 (smooth and silky)
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: ????? not listed on eyeliner nor Sephora nor MUFE's website
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 5/10 (looks good initially but smudges and fades)
Would I buy this again? No
Overall Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment