Pages

Monday 18 May 2020

Belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb - Review

I got a 10ml sample of this from Sephora (I stole the picture from them as well above). I decided to try it several weeks ago at the beginning of the COVID-19 lockdown. The first thing I noticed was how incredibly soft and moisturized my skin was after I put this on. My skin felt very luxurious with this on. Also, almost instantly, my skin looked fantastic - it was like imperfections were blurred and I was not expecting that!

When I awoke the next morning, my skin still felt extremely hydrated and like silk. I was wowed. I was tempted to open up my Sephora App and make the full-sized purchase. Since I have a ton of moisturizer around at the moment (I had just restocked several of my Drunk Elephant faves) I held off on rushing to order.

Later that same day, I noticed my skin was starting to feel a bit itchy and tender. That passed quickly and then I started to get little bumps. Within a few hours of this, I broke out like crazy with cystic acne, the likes of which I hadn't experienced in years! Since it was that time of month nearly upon me, I chalked it up to stress from the recent lockdown coupled with hormones.

Since my skin was not happy, I went back to my Drunk Elephant products and my skin recovered within a few days. Fast forward a few weeks and I decided to try my Belif sample again. As if I was in the movie Groundhog, the same thing happened. Put it on, skin felt amazing, looked amazing, woke up the next morning, skin looked and felt fabulous and then a few hours later irritated skin, small bumps, cystic acne breakout. It was not near that time of the month. So it was the face cream. I won't make that mistake again.

It is clear from the online reviews that people either think this is their holy grail or they had my experience. I should have googled first, but it was only a sample....If you have dry skin which is not sensitive, this may be the best cream you have tried! I'm sure for some people, this is a fantastic product for them. I would caution those who haven't tried this to get a sample first, maybe test a small area before you put it all over your face. If you have sensitive skin, just pass. Maybe I and others are allergic to something in it? Don't know but it was not good for me.

The product sells at Sephora for $50 Canadian for 50ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment