Pages

Sunday 19 May 2019

March/April 2019 Empties


I had full intentions of doing a March empties post but before I knew it the end of April had come so I decided to hold off and do two months together. So here we are. Without further ado....

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser - I think this is my second or third tube that I have finished. I really liked using it in the shower in the morning as I would leave it on my face while I shower to soak in. I would repurchase it but I have been using this product for a little while and I think maybe it is time for change for a little while. So we will see. It did help my blemishes but I think maybe I don't need it anymore as some of my newer skin care products may have taken its place....

Klorane Floral Water Make-Up Remover - Countless bottles purchased and finished. Already repurchased. If you read my blog, you know.

Bite Agave Lip Mask in Lavender x 2 - I finished full sized one and a travel sized one this Spring. I've gotten to the point where I have a number of these going at one time. One on my vanity, one in my purse, one in my living room....it's become a necessity and an obsession. I quite like the Lavender one as the slight purple sheen makes your smile look whiter and the smell was not strong which was a bonus for me. I currently have another Bite Lip Mask that smells not so great. More on that later...

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm - This was what I mainly used before Bite Lip Mask's case into my world and rocked it. It's fine stuff, but can't hold a candle to the Bite Lip Mask. Won't rush to repurchase.

Leanne Grace Skin Care Hand & Body Lotion Lemon Buttercream - I have been meaning to do separate post on Leanne Grace Skin Care and my experience with shipping etc. but I haven't gotten around to it. I think I will do that once I finish another jar of cream. In the meantime, I finished this bottle of lotion and I have to say, in my opinion, it was the best lotion/cream of all of the ones of theirs that I have tried. I really liked the smell and the lotion did a good job of moisturizing. I found this one to be the smoothest feeling of their cream and lotion products. I find some of their products feel  a bit powdery to the touch. I did like this product and would recommend it. Since I don't live in the U.S., shipping ended up being pricey especially with the exchange rate so for that reason alone I won't repurchase again.

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum - More than any other product in my stash, I need to do a full product review of this day serum. I don't want to say too much here but I attribute my skin looking better than it has in years to this product. It smells like a rotten pumpkin patch upon application, but the smell quickly disappears. It's pricey as all hell, but worth it. I started off with this little trial size and now I have the full size which I have nearly finished. I kept this little one for travel which is why I have had it so long. It's empty now!

NARS Audacious Mascara - I am not going to say much about this small tube of mascara because I honestly think I got a dud. Please let me know in the comments below if you have experienced the same issues with the full sized tube or if this is fantastic mascara and I really got a dud. This mascara is the driest mascara I have ever seen in my life. It was not useable at all. It was a free promo from Sephora so I haven't complained.

Drunk Elephant  Protini Polypeptide Cream - This coupled with the Drunk Elephant C- Firma Day Serum has changed my entire skin care routine. I love this stuff. I must do a full review. This has changed my skin. It keeps blemishes at bay, makes my skin glow and helps with evening out my skin tone. The minute I ran out of this product, I was ordering one on the train less than 30 minutes later on my way to work. Already repurchased.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Neutral - Funny story about this. I had a sample of this in Light Neutral and it rocked my world. Best coverage I have ever encountered. It didn't work well for me under the eyes though, but that's ok. I found the colour a tad orange but I was able to work with it. Naturally, I bought the full sized tube. It too was a bit orange, but I made it work. The full sized tube's concealer was thinner than the sample. Disappointing but it was still good stuff. I finished the tube (this one). I decided to try the Light Warm colour because it looked less orange and lighter online. That colour was a disaster. It was almost white on me. I went back and exchanged it for the Light Neutral. Guess what? My new tube of Light Neutral isn't as orange as the last 2 tubes! The colour is perfect! What on earth is going on? The product is still not as thick as the original sample tube though but I still love it!  

BareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Eye Cream Eyeshadow - I got this as a sample (story of my life!) and hated it. It's not discontinued. I'm not surprised. You needed a shadow primer under it or it creased and slid off of your face. Well it did on mine anyway! Colour was ok, had a bit of a sparkle to it. Nothing special. I object to having to layer a paint pot and/or eyeshadow primer under this supposed 5 in 1 product. It's all dried out so I am chucking it! Good riddance!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara - My holy grail of no smudge mascara! This was a travel sized one (thank you Estee Lauder sale!) and I was done it in a jiffy.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - Whenever I tried another liner I am so disappointed these days. This one is the bomb, what can I say. I am not even sure how many tubes I have gone through. I have not repurchased as I am trying to use up a large Clinique one that I have first. I'm on this "let's clear out the stash" kick lately and I must use some stuff up before I bring in more.

Okay that is it and that's enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment