Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Fall Empties 2018


I have a ton of concealer empties this time around. I decided to use them all up and put them to a final test! Let's see how it all shook out.

I managed to blow through another Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer this past Fall. I had one of these in my last empties post. I seem to have a bit of skin tone discolouration on one of my cheeks and I have been covering it up religiously for months. It has improved but it still bugs me. I decided though after buying this product constantly for the past few years that it isn't the best concealer I have in my arsenal. The colour Light Medium (Cool) that I have matches perfectly with my foundation but it's not as opaque as I would like. Enter Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Neutral. This was light a miracle covering up skin imperfections. I only had a small travel sized tube but I was amazed. Now, I previously used this only under my eyes and I did not like the result. But when I applied it over blemishes and skin tone discolouration, it was fantastic! So I rushed out and bought the full sized tube. There was a hiccup. The full sized tube is not as thick and fantastic as the small one! Ahhh! However, the full sized tube still does a good job, better than the Estee Lauder anyway, just not as great as the small tube.

Maybelline Fit Concealer in 20 Sand has been my go to for under the eye for awhile. It is not perfect, but it doesn't crease and the colour match isn't bad. It looks better than most concealers, but I am still searching for my holy grail. I have repurchased. 


NARS Concealer in Medium1 Custard did not impress me so I am glad I only had the trial size. It creased under my eyes big time. Also it seemed dry to me and no one wants a dry concealer that doesn't sit well. Won't repurchase. 


Shiseido Facial Cotton - It's expensive for what it is, but worth every penny. Best facial cotton ever. Can't go back to drug store cotton rounds ever again. I'm really going through these lately! 

I feel like I need to lump a bunch of these make-up remover wipes together because in my mind they were all the same - crap. Be. better Sensitive Natural All-in-One Make-Up Remover Wipes (Rexall brand) was soothing on my skin and non-irritating. But guess what? It didn't remove hardly any makeup. These were the worst of the group. Useless. Moving on. Life Brand (Shoppers Drug Mart brand) 3-in-1 Facial Cleansing Wipes. Rubbish too, didn't remove enough make-up and the cloths were a tad rough. Goodbye. Thank goodness I only use these for travelling. Simple Eye Make-Up Remover Pads (Target brand) were not good. Rough on the eye, irritating, stung and removal of make-up was subpar. Do yourself a favour and just skip these! 

Ok moving on to Pantene Pro-V Moisturizing Mist Detangler. Did it detangle? Yes. It could have been better but it worked well enough. I didn't like the smell of it - a little too chemical for my taste. It was reasonably priced of course. Don't think I would repurchase unless I was desperate. 

Time to talk about MAC. I feel a Back to MAC happening soon....I finished another MAC Painterly Paint Pot. I don't know how many of these I have gone through over the years. Quite a few...I have already repurchased and honestly I cannot imagine doing my makeup without it. Holy grail product for sure. I also finished off my MAC Craving lipstick. I liked the colour and I would repurchase but frankly I need to get rid of some more lipsticks before I can move new ones in. MAC Lipglass in Nymphette wasn't bad. I would repurchase but the colour was more neutral than I would like. I think it would look great on a fair blonde. 

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix was such a let down! I love the regular face version of this but this does nothing for my undereye area. I didn't think it was super moisturizing at all and my undereye circles were worse than usual when I used this. Have you seen the price of this stuff? It's a big pass for me. Speaking of Estee Lauder, another Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara bites the dust. Already repurchased two. The only real non-smudge mascara out there as far as I am concerned.  

Oh Kat Von D you are a little minx. Most of your products are so fabulous, I can't even put my love into words. Your Tattoo Liner in Trooper is my favourite liquid liner ever. This was a small travel tube or pen and it lasted forever. I think this might have been my third. I have already repurchased two and have them in other colours. If you haven't tried this, what on earth are you waiting for???

Finally, L'Occitane en Provence 20% Shea Butter Dry Skin Hand Cream is my favourite purse hand lotion. Countless purchased and this one too served me well. 

I'm already working on a December empties post, because I seem to have a lot building up this month! Lots of Drunk Elephant coming up and we have to talk about some Tatcha products. 

1 comment:

  1. A good setting powder is one of the most important to set up the makeup foundation properly. There is no other way to set up a better Makeup foundation! The maximum makeup artist has used the branded Setting Powder on their makeup tools for finishing touch of their makeup foundation and for the long-lasting.
    Here are also more different branded setting powder.....
    https://www.ladiesitem.com/best-drugstore-setting-powder/
    Or
    https://www.ladiesitem.com/

    ReplyDelete