Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Makeup Eraser - Review


Review today on the Makeup Eraser. So this is a cloth that is sold at Sephora that removes makeup by simply wetting the cloth with warm water and then wipe your little heart out. I was very skeptical about the Makeup Eraser when it first came out. I didn't understand how this cleaned your face with no chemicals. I figured there must be some lotion or something in the fibres. It also seemed faddish and gimmicky. I still don't understand how it works but I no longer really care lol. Nevertheless, I was running out of my Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cleansing Oil ($38 Canadian) a few months ago (now finished) and decided I wanted to see what this was all about. The price was right too. The Makeup Eraser is $24 Canadian or $20 U.S. You basically wipe your makeup off and then throw this in the wash.

First of all, this really works well and I was shocked. Takes off foundation, mascara, eyeliner - the whole kit and caboodle. I would say it takes off 95-98% of your makeup. If I really "got in there" I could probably get it all off with this but instead I am happy to get nearly all of it off with a few soft wipes. The rest is what eye makeup remover and cleanser is for as far as I am concerned. Since this takes the bulk of your makeup off easily, it takes two seconds to get the rest off with a cotton pad and a little eye makeup remover and/or cleanser on your face. You can see all of your makeup, all of the filth, on the cloth. It isn't pretty. I try to get 3 uses out of the cloth between washings. I use a different section of the cloth each time. Needless to say, that is a hell of a lot of frequent washing so I am debating if I should buy another one. I just throw it in with my towels and we are good to go again. It is dryer safe but I haven't bothered to do that. I just air dry it in my bathroom.

I only find that the inside of the cloth works for makeup removal. I think that is how it is supposed to be but don't quote me on that. The information in the package says the other side of the cloth exfoliates. I haven't really seriously tried that yet but I will and then get back to you. I would recommend you get the cloth really wet when you use it as that works best. If you slightly damp it and wring it out, it will be like rubbing a dry cloth across your face with little results. The cloth is soft enough and is not abrasive on your face. It's actually enjoyable to use. I think I read somewhere that this will last 900 or 1,000 washes. Umm that is a lot and if I only get a fraction of that, I will more than have gotten my money's worth. This could last for years!

I have probably washed this 10-15 times maybe and it shows no signs of wear nor tear so far. You are supposed to wash it in cool water on the delicate cycle. I have done that and it washes up like a dream. I have also been naughty and have washed it in warm and hot water on the heavy duty cycle. Again, washes like a dream. So don't feel you need to baby this and do a special load for it. It will probably last longer if you follow the instructions, but I am happy to mistreat mine as I have seen no negative effects and it makes my life easier.

The insert in the Makeup Eraser says by using this you will save money, live chemical free and cut back on Non-Biodegradable waste. I would agree with all of those statements well as far as makeup removal is concerned. As you can see, I have the pink one. You can also buy it in black now. I think the black would be good so that you don't look at the nasty used cloth in your bathroom, but I get a sick thrill and smug satisfaction from seeing that my makeup has been removed on the pink cloth.

The only con I can see to this product is that I wouldn't want to travel with it. I am not into carrying soggy cloths around that can't air out properly. If I was staying somewhere for an extended period of time and had access to a washing machine I would consider it, but otherwise no. This is far from a deal breaker for me. This product is worth all of the hype it has had and it is worth every penny and will pay for itself over and over again in no time flat.  
One of my bad habits is to leave my makeup on way too long every day. Using this cloth is so easy and it inspires me to get off my bum and take my makeup off because it is so quick and easy to use. I am going to use it right now. 



Packaging: N/A
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10 or N/A
Easy to Work With: 10/10  
Travel Worthy: 2/10
Deep Cleans: 10/10
Comfortable/Softening: 8/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment