Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Baby Face and Motown - Review and Swatches



Baby Face and Motown are two of the newer eyeshadows that Makeup Geek has released in recent weeks. In the above picture we have Baby Face on the left and Motown on the right. Each Makeup Geek eyeshadow pan is $6.00 U.S. and you get 1.8g or 0.064 oz. of product.

Baby Face is described as very light brown with cool gray undertones and a matte finish. I don't see any brown here. To me it's a cream coloured eyeshadow with pink and grey undertones. It's Makeup Geek's Vanilla but less yellow, more bright and more cool toned. I find the quality of Baby Face to be better than Vanilla too - the consistency is creamier, softer and more pigmented. It really brightens up the lid. Baby Face applies easily, you don't need much, and has great longevity.

Here are the swatches! Baby Face is on the left and Motown is on the right. Baby Face is close to my skin tone as you can see. Damn, I need a tan.


I really love Motown, partially because I love purple eyeshadow. It's a nice rich, true dark purple. It is described by Makeup Geek as a deep eggplant purple with a matte finish. It does swatch a bit streaky as you can see. When blended out in the crease it does sheer out if you are not careful. I have heard that purple eyeshadows in general, regardless of the brand, have this issue due to the purple pigment. Nevertheless, Motown works great as an eyeliner, in the outer "v" or outer corner. I really like it. I wore it for 10 hours one day and it was still as vibrant as when I put it on. It applies easily and smoothly as a liner. It is a little dry to the touch but doesn't feel dry going on.

Packaging: 9/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10 Baby Face  7.5/10 Motown (sheers out in the crease)
Easy to Work With: 10/10 Baby Face  7.5/10 Motown (sheers out in the crease)
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10 Baby Face  6/10 Motown (sheers out in the crease)
Price: 10/10 
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating:  8.5/10 Baby Face  7.5/10 Motown

No comments:

Post a Comment