Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

YSL Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils - Review



I was away in the States the past week so my apologies for the lack of posts. I was in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh and then in upstate New York. A little vacation, a little shopping. Maybe I should do a makeup haul post of what I got. I behaved myself so I don't have a ton to show but I think it is certainly enough for a post! I'll mull it over. Let me know if you are interested.

So my post today is a review for the YSL Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils and it is not to be confused in any way with another post I did 2 years ago on a similar mascara, but YSL's Babydoll one. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2013/11/ysl-yves-saint-laurent-mascara-volume.html

I raved about that Babydoll mascara. I had thought, silly me, that this mascara, baring almost the same name, would be equally as good. Sadly, it is not. For starters, the brush is not the same. The brush on this mascara is the basic old school mascara brush which tends to do diddly squat for me. The formula too must be different because I cannot get any length with this product, even with multiple coats. The volume ain't so hot either.

I was really disappointed with this mascara overall. I have used some drug store mascaras that were way better. This mascara does not make your lashes crunchy, it keeps them quite soft, which I find odd. The result is that any curl you have falls and it doesn't even look like you are wearing mascara after say an hour after application. I have this mascara in black and it is a very soft black, not a jet black. It can clump, flake and it sure can smudge.

Sephora says that this mascara is award winning. Huh? Like as in a Razzie?

This mascara is $36 Canadian or $30 U.S. Thank goodness I got this as a free deluxe sample from Sephora. I would be really mad if I had paid good money for this.

Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 3/10
Longevity: 1/10
Texture: 4/10 (soft, wet celery like lashes)
Price: 1/10 (for what you get)  
Ingredients: 4/10 (tons of parabens)  
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 3/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 3/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY!!!! Glad I didn't buy it the first time.
Overall Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment