Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 13 Marvelous Mauve - Review and Swatch



I don't usually give a thought to Sephora brand cosmetics. They aren't particularly cheap and frankly, they as a brand have never proved themselves to me nor do their products interest me much in general. Maybe it's the no frills packaging. Nevertheless, I was intoxicated by the sight of a lip colour that Marlena from Makeup Geek was wearing several months ago in a video. It was none other than the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 13 Marvelous Mauve as shown above. Had to try this out. It's my kind of colour!

The packaging is a big snore. That isn't a deal breaker for me. This product has a very strong smell and not everyone will like it. To me, it smells like synthetic whipped frosting. Depending on my mood, the smell can be quite appealing. The smell dissipates once applied within a few minutes. The product itself is really thick and clumpy. It applies completely smooth though. You don't need to apply much and it dries within a few minutes. It's super comfortable at first, but it starts to feel dry within an hour. Now it's not mega dry, but it's dry. Some people may not like that. If you have fine lines on your lips, you may not be so keen either. If it's gets to be too much dryness for me, I dab a touch of lip gloss on it and it's perked right up and is more comfortable again.

Here is a swatch. Please note that it dries a lot darker than the tube indicates, but it is a really nice colour. I have received some compliments on it and inquiries as to what it is.


This colour is really "in" right now as it is a brown berry. The staying power of this product is fantastic. It lasts for hours and through multiple drinks, snacks and meals. It has quickly become a favourite in my lipstick rotation. It has a plain doe foot wand. The smell does make me a little nervous as I am wondering what is in there. The ingredients don't look too damning but there is Petrolatum in it. A tube of this is $18 Canadian or $14 U.S. Since it is a Sephora brand product, I think that is a bit steep on the surface, but the product is really good so it's worth the money. I am really happy with this colour so I am not sure if I want to try another shade. Have any of you tried these?

Packaging: 6/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 8.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment