Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

ELOTD MAC Young Punk a la Motley Crue


To say that I am not master of the selfie is the understatement of the century. I am a bit like what Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty always says about himself but with a spin to suit me,  "I am a low tech girl in a high tech world". I didn't grow up in the age of the "selfie" so please forgive me as I am still trying to get a hang of it.

Last night I went to a Motley Crue concert. My husband loved them as a kid and so I bought him concert tickets several months ago for his birthday and the concert was last night. Supposedly it is their last tour, but we've heard that one before. I wonder if some of you even know who Motley Crue is? Hopefully, most of you do. Anyway, what better time could there be to bust out the heavy makeup and eyeliner than when I was off to see one of the best 80's hair bands????

I admit that I stole the idea from one of Tiffany D's makeup videos from 5 years ago. I always wanted to do that look and I finally got my chance. I have some of the products she used and with a few tweaks, this is what I came up with. Hope you like it. Here is the link to her video where I got my inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-c3SaXJkpY             or

http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.ca/2009/10/style-black-look-fun-wearable-twist-on.html

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer
MAC Blackground Paint Pot to the lid
Young Punk applied with a MAC 252 and some Fix +
Urban Decay Gunmetal crease
Smashbox Taupe inner corner
Urban Decay Virgin brow highlight
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black upper lash line
Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Electric lower lash line
Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
Ardell Demi Whispies False Lashes

Face:
MAC Stunner - Cheeks
MAC Syrup Lipstick and Smashbox Luster Lip Gloss - Lips
Clarins Ever Matte SPF 15 Skin Balancing Foundation in 109 Wheat (currently rocking a tan)
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance



No comments:

Post a Comment